About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Maya Exporter
McTomas Offline

Maya Exporter
Hello everyone

First I just want to say that i'm using this engine for 3 months and I'm loving it, so I would like to congratulate all the development staff for the great product made.

I'm developing now a game just for fun, but probably in the very near future I'll buy and Indie License.

In the all time I've been using the Esenthel Engine I just encounter 2 problems:

- The lack of the maya exporter plugin ( I'm a maya modeller and I have a headache every time I want to export my mesh with animation to the engine. Probably there is some way to make the job more easier )

- The lack of information in the API documentation ( I usually use the API reference just to find the classes and the methods, and after I'll go to the header files to find more about them, btw thanks to the well document headers I can have the job done )

Congratulations once more

Best Regards

Miguel
08-05-2009 01:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarora Offline

Re: Maya Exporter
I use Maya too (and so does my team), and i can only agree with McTomas on this.

Though we manage at the moment (static models so far) we might be running into some issues later on.

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
08-05-2009 08:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

hi, thanks for your opinion,
but I think there is some collada exporter for maya, ill search for it later and post here
08-06-2009 09:02 AM
tulamide Offline

Although an exporter to an importer not necessarily covers all aspects of the base model, this might be of some help:

http://colladamaya.sourceforge.net/
08-06-2009 06:33 PM
Xerios Offline

what's the version of COLLADA supported in Esenthel ?

Also

a fbx importer would be nice, works with 3ds max, maya, softimage, modo and more ...
08-08-2009 01:29 PM
Sarora Offline

Concur, FBX importer would be a sweet addition.

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
08-09-2009 12:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

FBX isnt any good, the simpliest test says it:
in 3ds max export a skinned and animated mesh to FBX, and then import it into 3ds max again.
in 100% cases ive tried it imported trash instead of mesh wink
08-25-2009 06:37 PM
Sarora Offline

Esenthel Wrote:FBX isnt any good, the simpliest test says it:
in 3ds max export a skinned and animated mesh to FBX, and then import it into 3ds max again.
in 100% cases ive tried it imported trash instead of mesh wink

Hehe, we are talking maya though smile, while you are talking 3ds max.

But its the same anyways, just wanted to point it out.

And if you know how to tweak FBX exporter (usually per object) it works.

08-28-2009 05:32 AM