About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[Solved] .exe problem
Harry Offline

[Solved] .exe problem
I want to prepare playable version for testers and I have a problem. I compiled my project with Release Settings and when I start application from Visual everything is ok. But when I want to start from .exe file I've got .exe error and options send or don't send when the world loading is finished. The problem is probably only when I want to load enum files from pak (I created another paks for models, textures etc.)
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2010 03:35 PM by Harry.)
08-17-2010 06:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: .exe problem
Well, that sounds like a specific problem to you, I only load enums from pak and works great for me, you sure you have opened world editor to recompile them and then packed them as well?
08-17-2010 07:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

Yes, I'm sure. Sometimes everything is ok (1 or two times after recompile) but when the problem is occured game state don't want to start anymore.

EDIT: Well, I made more tests and error is without enum pak too. I'll try to check app without another paks.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2010 09:08 PM by Harry.)
08-17-2010 08:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

Have you tried using debug? Dont build in release mode if you are testing. ; )
08-17-2010 09:11 PM
Harry Offline

In debug everything is ok... And the problem is with all paks. I'll try put everything in one pak.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2010 09:29 PM by Harry.)
08-17-2010 09:23 PM
Zervox Offline

remember, when pakking each folder to one pak it removes the main folder and only paks the folders inside it. so when packing each in their own, you need to remove the lets say
Data/ from the file gathering

you can do like I do
Create a folder named Data_textures
inside the Data_textures copy over "textures" folder
then you can use textures/...
Code:
Data_OBJ/objs/...
becomes a pak names
Data_OBJ.pak
becomes like this in code
gameobject="objs/characters/0.obj" and so on.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2010 09:29 PM by Zervox.)
08-17-2010 09:27 PM
Harry Offline

I use for it Shorten button in Converter tool. When it is unchecked main folder isn't remove. With one big pak problem is the same. I tried to do it without secure option too but still the same...

EDIT: Is NxTetra.dll need? I don't see it in Bloody Massacre and in Esenthel RPG 2 but it is in SDK. I delete it and now I haven't got any error. Is it possible that this file is the problem or I have a piece of luck that I don't occur it pfft

EDIT2: Problem is still...
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2010 10:18 PM by Harry.)
08-17-2010 09:36 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

on windows vista/7 you can enter debugging mode even if app crashed by running the .exe

you can also implement Logging, in your exe, put LogN("now loading data") LogN("now loading world") in different places of code

and see up to which log it reaches.
08-17-2010 11:57 PM
Harry Offline

I put LogN in some places and I found something. I have loading similar to tutorial Loading Screen. I put LogN before and after world update in BackgroundLoad function:

LogN("1");
Game::World.update(Cam.at);
LogN("2");

When the error is occured in log.txt I have only "1" line. I've also commented world updating here and I saw that now I have smooth skip between Menu and Game state. With Game::World.update it isn't smooth. Could the problem be here?
08-18-2010 12:32 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

during background loading, are you using 3d drawing via Renderer?
08-18-2010 05:36 PM
Harry Offline

No, I'm not. But probably problem is solved. I put one function inside Background loading struct and since then I haven't occured this error. I'll send soon game for testers to check this wink
08-18-2010 05:48 PM