About Store Forum Documentation Contact

mesh file
italiancrazy Offline

mesh file
hello community ^^
i have one question...
can i join two mesh files?
i have the "human" mesh (of esenthel), i want add at this human, my helmet... how i can this?

thanks to all ^^ and sorry for disturb pfft
09-03-2010 10:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

RE: mesh file
There is a "28 - Armor Rendering" tutorial how to add armor on a character.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
09-03-2010 10:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
italiancrazy Offline

OK... i have found it on
EsenthelEngineSDK\Tutorials\Source\Advanced\2 - Animation, Physics, Rendering\Rendering
but... i need c++ program for this or i can open? with notepad?
oh sorry...
i think i need visual studio for "Tutorials.sln"... right?
ehm... link of c++ compiler? tnx more
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2010 11:03 AM by italiancrazy.)
09-03-2010 10:51 AM
llynx Offline

Follow this tutorial.
09-03-2010 11:18 AM
italiancrazy Offline

tnx llynx ... now i read !
is very simple the guide...
1. download visual studio
2. i try the guide ^^

thanks!
oh no... pfft i am very noob...
visual studio 2010 2gb??? is possible?? i need this??
i cant use a c++ compiler?
i cant install 7gb of visual studio 2010 >.<
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2010 11:52 AM by italiancrazy.)
09-03-2010 11:27 AM
Dynad Offline

Well its perhaps better that you use vs2008 instead vs2010..

09-03-2010 11:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
llynx Offline

vs2010 itself only takes up 600mb
09-03-2010 12:15 PM
Dynad Offline

Yes thats true, you don't need to install c#, Java, Python etc only the c++ compiler.

09-03-2010 12:38 PM
italiancrazy Offline

thanks dynad and all people that help me with tutorial link ^^

now im downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express...

Can i use it for create "quest" and "level sytem" ?
How i can use it on the game?
One person, tell me of try with blood massacry source code... for source code of bm i need just download the demo game and see code with vc++ and esenthel?
09-03-2010 10:29 PM
Tottel Offline

Yes, you'll need Visual Studie to create quests and your level system. But it won't be easy. smile

Check the tutorials in EsenthelEngineSDK/Tutorials/Source. All you have to do is copy/paste the content of one of those files into start.cpp in visual studio, and then click F5 to compile it. smile
09-03-2010 11:00 PM
italiancrazy Offline

ok...
first problem:

Quote:Copy folder EsenthelEngineSDK\Installation\EsenthelEngine to Microsoft Visual Studio\VC\include
 File EsenthelEngineSDK\Installation\EsenthelEngine.lib and EsenthelEngineDX10+.lib to Microsoft Visual Studio\VC\lib
 And file EsenthelEngineSDK\Installation\EsenthelEngine64.lib to Microsoft Visual Studio\VC\lib\amd64

i haven't ...\lib\amd64 ! can i insert in ...\lib\ ?
on lib directory i havent directory! have just some files...
09-03-2010 11:46 PM
Chris Offline

Don't worry; That's normal, you need to create the folder manually.
09-04-2010 12:03 AM
italiancrazy Offline

if i insert on
Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\lib
not work the tutorials...
if i insert on
Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\Packages\Debugger
work 50%...
i open turorials.sln and tell me convert the file because is maded with previous version of vs!
if i convert vs not convert and tell me "project not converted"
if i not convert, when i RUN the tutorials.sln (with F5) it tell me "CANT LOAD ..\data\engine.pak"

how i can resolve???
chris i now try ^^
chris... dont work... =(
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2010 12:18 AM by italiancrazy.)
09-04-2010 12:07 AM
llynx Offline

I remember it had problems with vs2010, after it says project cannot be converted it gives you the option to look at the log file, could you copy+paste that here?

yeah this problem:

"Eventually I converted the "Tutorials.vcproj", but only made it survive the XML conversion parse errors by deleting 4 configurations directly from the .vcproj (every configuration with a x64 build in) in notepad++ (luckily their broken parse system tells you which line of the file the error is on). I agree with Esenthel, it's much slower to startup and has quite a lot of background processing which I find very annoying. But yes, the autocomplete seems to be fixed. Not sure whether to convert the other computers now.." - Chris
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2010 12:27 AM by llynx.)
09-04-2010 12:26 AM
italiancrazy Offline

I HAVE TRANSLATE FROM ITALIAN TO ENGLISH ^^

'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Documenti\FileScaricati\EsenthelEngineSDK\Tutorials\Debug​\Tutorials.exe', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d9.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d8thk.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\secur32.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\version.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\winmm.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\xinput1_3.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\setupapi.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dinput8.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3dx9_40.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dsound.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2_32.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2help.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\imm32.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\psapi.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shlwapi.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\oleaut32.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.5512_x-ww_35d4ce83\comctl32.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\comctl32.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCTF.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dnsapi.dll', Impossible find or open the PDB file
'Tutorials.exe': load 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCTFIME.IME', Impossible find or open the PDB file
Tutorials.exe has generated interrupted point
The programs '[3884] Tutorials.exe: Native' is terminated with the code -1 (0xffffffff).
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2010 12:33 AM by italiancrazy.)
09-04-2010 12:33 AM