About Store Forum Documentation Contact

error building tutorials
ghreef Offline

RE: error building tutorials
I'm trying to build and use the tutorials in the source folder. -nothing custom yet.

I'm cleaning the heck out of my pc right now - deleting all sdks, anything else but a clean image of XP with a few HW drivers etc. Then I'll try it all from step one, installing VS express, the physix and directx, the librarys copies then give it one last go.
09-09-2010 04:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ghreef Offline

might anyone know why the Directx sdk for June 2010 would not install the d3d10.dll?

New day, same old problem.
09-10-2010 03:45 PM
Dynad Offline

Well what you can do to fix that problem is..

Download this first:
http://www.dll4free.com/dsplus/m.php?p=d3d10.dll.zip

After you have downloaded it throw this file in your windows/system, windows/system32 or windows/sysWOW64 folder depends on what kind of windows system you have.

~Dynad

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
09-10-2010 04:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ghreef Offline

sorry guys, I'm pretty much done. I like the look of esenthel and would love to work with it, but nothing is seeming to work out of the box. I open the world editor and it looks good, then I realize there's no skybox, no ocean, no nothing like in the (non-audio) "tutorial".

So, I figured I'd play with the tutorials that are shipped. Well, that's a complete frustration. I've now rebuit my whole pc with a fresh install of XP on a freshly formatted HD, installed all the apps the way I am supposed to and tutorial.exe doesn't work. It builds fine but reports that it can't find d3d10.dll (and yes, I've installed directx sdk June 2010 version) So I went to the web and got a good copy of the d3d10.dll and put it in system32, then tutorial reports it can't find d3d10core.dll. I, again, went to the web, got the dll and put IT in system32. OK, NEXT tutorial reports a "procedure entry point_CxxFrameHandler3 could not be located in dll msvcrt.dll." This is where i give up. Something screwy is going on, and like I said, this is a clean install of Windows XP with no virus protection running on it, it's fully up to date, have directx and physix installed and all the lib files etc... have been moved over per the instructions. If I can't get this working in the next day or two, I'll have to look elsewhere.

any thoughts or ideas?
09-10-2010 04:11 PM
Dynad Offline

Ok then you can try to install this version of the directx sdk:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...laylang=en

Which version is crashing? dx9 or dx10?

09-10-2010 04:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

If you have win xp then dx10 wont work of course, you will need to switch to dx9 build.
In visual studio change active project configuration to debug from debug dx10+
09-10-2010 05:55 PM
Dynad Offline

Dx10 does work on winxp, there are some tutorials about it wink

09-10-2010 05:57 PM
ghreef Offline

Am I better off upgrading to Windows 7 for this box? I don't know 3ds max 9 and deep uv/deep paint are ok on 7 or if all of esenthel would work on it. At this point I don't mind making the switch.

On another topic - Esenthel's solution corrected the issue. I can now see the tutorials! (yay) thanks.

So, is there a trick to getting the skyboxes and ocean working in world editor? If there's a tutorial or something just tell me where to look.

THANKS!!!

(oh, and have you considered putting a facebook page up for esenthel, and can I reference it in my project site?)
09-10-2010 06:34 PM
Zervox Offline

what about file->enviroment options in world editor. for ocean etc.
09-10-2010 06:43 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(09-10-2010 06:34 PM)ghreef Wrote:  Am I better off upgrading to Windows 7 for this box?
I use it since it's much prettier than xp smile and it's fast too

Quote:So, is there a trick to getting the skyboxes and ocean working in world editor? If there's a tutorial or something just tell me where to look.
in tools folder, delete the path.txt and all World*.txt files
restart World Editor, and select the suggested data path, you should use the one which will be displayed on the screen.

Quote:(oh, and have you considered putting a facebook page up for esenthel, and can I reference it in my project site?)
maybe I'll do it in the future smile
09-10-2010 07:14 PM