About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[Solved] Hardware requirements and procedural visuals
dathui Offline

[Solved] Hardware requirements and procedural visuals
I'm currently developing a prototype in Python but it's reached the stage that I'm looking around for a proper engine to make a real version in, I've heard good things about Esenthel so I thought I'd check it out. I do have a question though regarding flexibility of hardware;
Does the engine always require modern hardware or is it flexible and use what it has to work with. I was really impressed with World in Conflict on this point, it ran on my ~5 year old laptop with integrated graphics from that time, it wasn't pretty but it ran while on new computers it looked really great.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2010 02:28 PM by dathui.)
09-14-2010 06:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

RE: Hardware requirements
Well the engine needs at least pixel shader 2.0 from your graphics card to run.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
09-14-2010 10:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dathui Offline

RE: Hardware requirements
Ah, but according to this even fairly old integrated graphics should have that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_shader so that's not a major issue. Thanks for the help.

I do have another question. I'm kind of new to "real" game development, my game would have procedural units which I want to visual using a base model and then attach other models/permanent particle systems at certain points, whould this be easy in Esenthel?

EDIT:
I just watched the technology demo, seems to be very possible indeed.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2010 02:28 PM by dathui.)
09-14-2010 02:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply