About Store Forum Documentation Contact

LINK Object Error
FadeToBlack Offline

LINK Object Error
Hi community,
i use visual studio 2010, when i try to use the tutorials the compiler gives this error in a message box:
unable to load /.../tutorials.exe
Can not find the executable

So i tryed to create a new project and copy the source and now it gives me this error:

1>Esenthel.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: struct EE::Display & __thiscall EE::Display::sync(bool)" (?sync@Display@EE@@QAEAAU12@_N@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl InitPre(void)" (?InitPre@@YAXXZ)
1>Esenthel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct EE::Display EE:grin" (?D@EE@@3UDisplay@1@A)
1>Esenthel.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: struct EE::PakSet & __thiscall EE::PakSet::add(struct EE::Str16,struct EE::Secure *,bool)" (?add@PakSet@EE@@QAEAAU12@UStr16@2@PAUSecure@2@_N@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl InitPre(void)" (?InitPre@@YAXXZ)
1>Esenthel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct EE::PakSet EE::Paks" (?Paks@EE@@3UPakSet@1@A)
1>Esenthel.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall EE::Application::name(struct EE::Str16,bool)" (?name@Application@EE@@QAEXUStr16@2@_N@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl InitPre(void)" (?InitPre@@YAXXZ)

and so on...

Who can help me? ç_ç
09-28-2010 02:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

RE: LINK Object Error
You need to add the Esenthel library to your project. The compiler can't find the functions your trying to use.

Please look at this page:
http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t...on_Windows

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
09-28-2010 03:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FadeToBlack Offline

I have just done the installation... I think that i have do all correct (sorry for my english xD)
09-28-2010 03:56 PM
Dynad Offline

Are you sure that you have added e.g EsenthelEngineDX10+.lib in the linker->input->Additional Dependencies?

Are you building in Debug or Release mode?

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
09-28-2010 04:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

09-28-2010 04:22 PM