About Store Forum Documentation Contact

hi again..
b1s Offline

hi again..
been awhile now since last post.. but was just wondering about few things..
we have basically been doing just some assets now while we are still evaluating engines.
from that note ill ask some questions.
You said something about mirrors on your list.. how far in the future would built mirrors be or real-time reflective surfaces.
Also while there has been some nice new pipeline features that probably get requested from your current largest clients..
i was wondering are there going to be any improvements in the 3dApp/meshEditor/WorldEditor workflow.

Couple of things that could be improved there.
Lets say that i have a complex model with lots of different surfaces. Other surfaces might need some reflection maps and other would not..
I'm not sure if this is true but i could not find any other way to use the reflective map than adding separate materials and so exporting the object in peaces.
Well lets say i have set up the model with 10 different kind of material peaces and i suddenly want to remove one of the parts.
Only way i found to do this is to setup the mesh again from start and adding already saved materials to the new mesh.
Normally in a project many things might need readjustments after they have already visited the game. (like when art director is not happy with the end result after all).

So there might be different ways to do this already that we were not just aware of.. or if there aren't, then are you planning to improve this at all?

An example improvement could be something like:
-Somehow making it possible to re-export the model set and still being able to use the previously made material-set.

ps. im sorry once again for bad English and hopefully this makes any sense for someone reading grin
07-27-2009 08:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: hi again..
Quote:You said something about mirrors on your list.. how far in the future would built mirrors be or real-time reflective surfaces.
sorry, I don't know that yet
Quote:Also while there has been some nice new pipeline features that probably get requested from your current largest clients..
i was wondering are there going to be any improvements in the 3dApp/meshEditor/WorldEditor workflow.
I'm currently working heavily on improving the World Editor
Quote:Well lets say i have set up the model with 10 different kind of material peaces and i suddenly want to remove one of the parts.
you have a menu option in Mesh Editor "mesh\remove part" or something like that
and Mesh::remove method when using C++
Quote:-Somehow making it possible to re-export the model set and still being able to use the previously made material-set.
this isn't easy because there is no de facto standard model format (which is also easy to use and supported by all programs)
07-27-2009 10:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply