About Store Forum Documentation Contact

material to mesh [SOLVED]
yvanvds Offline

material to mesh [SOLVED]
Hey.

I am trying for hours now to apply a material to some meshes. Really cannot see what is wrong. I've imported over a hundred meshes over the last month, but today I cannot apply a texture to them.

Well i can set the material to a meshpart, and if I change the color i can see it's applied. But the textures never show up. I've tried textures and materials that i already use with other models, so they should be ok.

The meshes are always 3ds files, exported as wavefront obj and imported in the mesh editor. Never gave me any problems...

I've included a mesh, if someone should care to try it out. At least then I know if the problem lies with the mesh or between my ears :-)

Thanks,

yvan

Attached File(s)
.7z  bowl.7z (Size: 167.08 KB / Downloads: 5)
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2010 10:01 PM by yvanvds.)
12-01-2010 07:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

RE: material to mesh
Why doesn't it work for you? I just tested it.. created a new material->set->overwrite->save. After this i reopen the ME and the texture is still applied to the mesh.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
12-01-2010 07:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chris Offline

Also, make sure it has texture coordinates.
In the Material tab of the mesh editor, select "Mapping Ball" then Edit > Scale, then right click drag the ball around the bowl, then click "Mapping Apply" - and reclick "Set" on the material.
12-01-2010 07:42 PM
yvanvds Offline

The 'why' part is what I would like to find out. :-)

But ok, if it works for you, i musn't look for the problem with the mesh. I'll try reïnstalling the tools. Just did an update though.

thanks for the help!
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2010 07:43 PM by yvanvds.)
12-01-2010 07:43 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

the .mesh file doesn't have texture coordinates
12-01-2010 08:04 PM
yvanvds Offline

Ah! Thanks all of you. I've added the texture coordinates and all is working now. Strange though, i've never encountered that before. At least now i know what these mapping objects are for.
12-01-2010 10:00 PM