About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Attr-X (First beta available now!)
joacorock Offline

RE: Attr-X (First beta available now!)
(01-06-2011 03:17 PM)Harry Wrote:  I have only problem with graphic options. I set Detail to the lowest and then I can't set it to max again (nothing happens). I have some bugs with Bloom too.

Same here.

BTW... Interesting game, thanks for sharing I was waiting for it, and you made it perfectly.

I got 1 problem, i got stuck in some kind of lake and i got to delete savegame file to reset my position.

Edit: Strange but when i press both mouse buttons at the same time, the game crashes
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2011 08:51 PM by joacorock.)
01-06-2011 08:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yvanvds Offline

The 2 small pools are a problem indeed. They are too steep to allow you to get out of them. It was not a problem at first, but I implemented swimming when underwater at the last moment, and you cannot jump very well while swimming.

Although you could also have pressed left ctrl + R for that. I still have to do something about the pools, but this rescue function is very handy when you jump off one of the high platforms and get stuck in the middle of a few trees. I don't think I can solve that for every situation.

And I can confirm the game crash when you press both mouse buttons at once, while a ball is selected. I'll have to look into that. (Just need one more day to make a website first :-)

Btw, you people really are the best beta tester team I could dream off. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2011 09:52 PM by yvanvds.)
01-06-2011 09:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yvanvds Offline

There. It has a website now. That makes it official:

http://attr-x.net

Just so you know :-)
01-07-2011 02:04 AM
Harry Offline

Maybe with bloom it's my fault because I checked game yesterday at night so if I changed bloom value in dark places I didn't see any differences.

But I have still probelm with Detail option. Here is screenshots:

Settings when I started game:
http://img529.imageshack.us/i/attrx20110...61934.jpg/

I moved Detail bar to max value (graphic changes):
http://img259.imageshack.us/i/attrx20110...63747.jpg/

I moved bar again to start position (nothing happens):
http://img406.imageshack.us/i/attrx20110...64923.jpg/
01-07-2011 10:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yvanvds Offline

Yes I see. I'll work on this. (I think there will be a small update after the weekend :-)
01-07-2011 12:24 PM
yvanvds Offline

Ok, I think the issues mentioned are all fixed now. You can find an update on my project website now: http://attr-x.net

For people who would still like to download the whole project, you can find a new version on that website too, with the update included.

Thanks for all the feedback!
01-08-2011 08:58 PM
Dandruff Offline

Looks really neat. I can't wait to try it! Downloading now smile
01-22-2011 07:37 AM
runewake2 Offline

A little more environment interactivity would be nice. I would love to be able to turn lights on and off, switch elevators on or off etc.

Also, just thought of this, a car with soundball wheels would be cool. I would buy one if they had one! It would also help in getting around the environment as well without having to use your teleporters.
01-22-2011 02:37 PM
yvanvds Offline

Thanks for the ideas. I did think of a car or something at one point, but the soundball wheels make it even better. Although it could be something else than a car...

At the moment, I'm just improving what I have. I've rewritten the sound part of the code to make it more flexible. And now I'm working on an improved gui that is easier to add new features to.

After that, I think it is time for some new features!
01-22-2011 05:17 PM
Dandruff Offline

Hmm, i have trouble downloading the 7z from your website. It keeps getting corrupt..
Code:
File: attr-x_1.1.7z
CRC-32: 1ea2a8e3
   MD4: a078f62d293f6d7170c3d407a569e14c
   MD5: 248bd898e756de436d3dfa1fd858da21
SHA-1: 1bc1ae27f2a88d441296ae84487a33cfa9bb0ce4
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2011 11:09 PM by Dandruff.)
01-22-2011 11:07 PM
yvanvds Offline

Thanks for bringing that up! It seems the download script I used has some problems with large files. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

For now, I just made a direct link to the download file, and that seems to work out ok.

If anyone know of a good way to count downloads of a file on a server, I'm very interested to learn about it. It doesn't seem that important, but it's still a nice way to find out if people are actually trying out the program.
01-23-2011 01:45 AM
yvanvds Offline

Hello again!

Time for a new beta with: Multiplayer!!! If you're intested, please download the client from http://attr-x.net

This is the first public beta for multiplayer, so please don't be annoyed if it doesn't work. I have only one computer with a decent videocard, so until now I have only tried running the server and a few clients all on one pc.

A few things you should probably know:
- you can make a new account from within the client. Just choose a username and password, you can leave email empty since it is not used just yet.
- you will be able to make only one character. Since there are no races or classes or character development in this, more characters would be a bit useless. (But you can still choose your own size and color.)
- the game server is running on my own computer for now. Hiring one on the net seemed a bit expensive since i'm not making any money with this for the moment. This means the server has an upload limit of 50k per second. It won't be able to serve more than a few clients, i suspect.
- my provider changes my IP once every few weeks. If this happens, i will have to notice that and make the new IP public. The game client will automatically connect to the new IP once this is done.

Other improvements over the old version are:
- new sound system (you should not notice this)
- new gui
- ability to insert and delete sounds in the game world
- chat
- automatic download and installation of patches

Thanks for reading and possibly trying this out. I hope for as much comments as last time, cause I learned a lot from that.

Cheers!

yvan
04-23-2011 07:10 PM
runewake2 Offline

Just read your FAQ. Hahaha...

Downloading the new version now. I'll tell you what I think once it finishes.
04-23-2011 10:08 PM
llynx Offline

o.0?

I think your installer doesn't like download accelerators.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2011 10:33 PM by llynx.)
04-23-2011 10:27 PM
yvanvds Offline

auch, that's not good. I'll check if the file is ok on the server.

edit: ok. Seems the upload was incomplete. I've uploaded it again. Hope it works this time. (checking it out myself to be sure)

edit2: Verified. It should work now. Don't think the download accelerator was the problem.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2011 10:47 PM by yvanvds.)
04-23-2011 10:30 PM