About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Attr-X (First beta available now!)
Tottel Offline

RE: Attr-X (First beta available now!)
I crashed to desktop with the following error-message:

SkelAnim "anim/stand.anim" not found in skeleton "".

I was staring at the sun when it happened, I wasn't even touching my keyboard. smile

EDIT: When I try to log-in again, it displays the same error when it's about half-way done loading the resources.
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2011 12:58 PM by Tottel.)
05-27-2011 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yvanvds Offline

Yeah, same here. It happened when we got in each others range. I don't know why yet, because it's not the first time people 'see' each other ingame. Perhaps it is because i uploaded a new version of the server last night, and updated EE a few days back. So the engine.pak for the server and the client is different now. I'll try rebuilding the client with the updated engine.

EDIT: ok, it was another mistake from last week, but it's fixed now. Thanks for helping me find this problem.
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2011 02:14 PM by yvanvds.)
05-27-2011 01:09 PM
yvanvds Offline

Time for another new version! Download is available on attr-x.net

Lots of changes over the last months. These are the most important:

* Soundblocks: now you can put walls into the world. They will occlude sounds that are behind it, and will reflect other sounds. There are several types of walls and they reflect sound in a different way.

* Simplified interface. It's much more point and click now.

* Disabled some physics syncronisation in multiplayer. Keeping gravity enabled on all items and syncronize them for all players was too much network load and not working real good anyway. So items in multiplayer can now only move when a player really moves them himself with a mouse. This also addresses the issue of all balls ending up at the bottom of the ocean :-)

* New Gui. This part is not completely done, but it looks more 'professional', i think.

* Billboards in the gameworld are used for giving instructions.

* You can disable the deferred renderer now, for better results on lower hardware.

* Item positions and state are now also stored in the database. It's easier to analyse them this way. Also the esenthel savegame system tends to change now and then, rendering my savegame obsolete.

* Lots of small tweaks, of course.

things I am planning for the next update(s):

* working with a poet to bring some visual poetry into the world.

* Designing a new an much bigger gameworld.

* There will be inline screens where you can watch fixed captations of (music) performances.

* try to make the items destructable. You should be able to gather the pieces, which you will need to create new soundballs and soundblocks. You will also have to gather blueprints before you can make certain types of items. This also gives 'regular' gamers something to do :-)

As always, feedback is MORE than welcome. I always learn a lot from people's reactions on this forum.

Regards,

yvan
07-23-2011 11:45 PM
Tottel Offline

I did an auto-update when launching the game. When I try to launch it now, it says: "Shader Param "FontDepth" not found."
08-03-2011 01:44 PM
yvanvds Offline

Yes. I realize now that my updater doesn't have a function to tell you that a full installation is needed. I'll have to implement that, but I think I cannot add it to the current updater.

So for now it's best to uninstall and download the full package again.

(The update you got is the first patch for people who've redownloaded the full game, but your updater can't see that.)

Thanks for bringing that up,

yvan
08-03-2011 01:56 PM
Tottel Offline

Will do, thanks. smile
08-03-2011 01:59 PM
yvanvds Offline

Well, a few more bugs fixed. You won't be pushed trough the terrain again, Tottel. And pitches an volume are now correctly send from the server when you log in.

BTW, someone has really outdone himself with a few fascinating constructions this evening. Runewake2 perhaps?
08-03-2011 10:13 PM
runewake2 Offline

grin Yeah, I did some fun stuff. To bad I can't climb to the top of the volcano or it would be spitting sounds!!

2 Quick things:
First, rolling balls. They look really weird just gliding like they do.
Second, concussion balls. These Per-cussion balls make sounds only when they hit the ground. They don't have paths and can be kicked around like a soccer ball. Would allow you to make some really cool stuff.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2011 04:32 AM by runewake2.)
08-04-2011 04:29 AM
yvanvds Offline

I think it's time to announce the newest update. A lot has changed again, since the august announcement. Here's the most important:

* new gameworld: this is the definite gameworld. All areas are there, but most are not finished. They all have basic terrain textures so you can wander around. I made it this way so that people can run around in the empty world and see the progress over the next year, so there's always some new area to be discovered.

* better patcher system: I've adopted to EE's patcher. Works great for the most part, but for installing the january version (with the new 1GB gameworld) you'll have to install the new program from the website. Updating that much in a patch didn't go too well.

* better object control: objects are now glued to a grid, unless you hold LCTRL while moving them. You can also rotate blocks now.

* blueprint system: Before you can create an item, you will have to find its blueprint first. (Not hard, they are visible on the minimap.)

* destructible items: soundballs and blocks can now be destructed. You can gather the scraps and they are needed to build new items. (Which introduces the first part of the economy system, based on these scraps.)

* zone system with zone dependent environment settings.

Oh, there's also a bunny following you all the time. Don't pay attention to it. It's part of the upcoming tutorial system, but that's not ready yet.

If you'd like to try it out, the download is here: http://www.attr-x.net/index.php?option=c...&Itemid=10

Next on the roadmap are concert halls with live internet streaming sound and a DSP system to manipulate sounds.

I'm waiting for your (always very interesting) comments. Thanks!

yvan
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2012 12:49 AM by yvanvds.)
01-08-2012 12:46 AM
Tottel Offline

Downloading now.. It looks like a very interesting update. smile
Thanks.

EDIT: It looks really, really nice. I'm loving the new world. smile
You may want to have a look at the physbox of "huge stone wall", it seems too big.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2012 11:42 AM by Tottel.)
01-08-2012 10:40 AM
yvanvds Offline

Thanks for trying, Tottel. I can't see anything wrong with physbox though.

Some people have also reported a problem with the updater. I found the bug and will post a fix this evening.
01-09-2012 11:41 AM
dylantan Offline

I just tested it. Alot of different unique stuff and the game concept itself is unique. Like those trees and the terrain texture. Love the pet bunny. Overall thumb up from me. I am sure you still have a lot more work to do and keep up the good work! smile

P/S: on another note. I notice 2 strange things happened while roaming the world:

- 1st is i notice that some plants appear and disappear from certain angle if view from certain camera distance to the object. I have that same problem too with some of the model. Why is that?

- 2nd is shadow does not seem consistent. Again I have similar problem but lesser in certain extend. In same angel the shadow look good, but in some angle it look distorted. Any idea what's causing this?

Maybe perhaps I should ask this question in Support side but since Attr-X also having similar problem, I think it would be best to ask here.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 02:37 AM by dylantan.)
01-09-2012 01:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yvanvds Offline

An unusual update :-)

I've finished the game music for Attr-X. It will be implemented in the game this week. But you can also listen/buy the full album on bandcamp:

https://yvanvandersanden.bandcamp.com/al...game-music

Cheers!

yvan
12-22-2013 04:32 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Just got to download the Windows version yesterday and I have to say I'm really impressed! I love the soundscape element of this admire the way its been implemented ... very creative. I feel like I have only just started to explore what can be done with this smile

I have experienced a few bugs though so will take a moment to highlight what I found:

On initial load I was presented with a black screen which didn't change ... until I realised there was a warning dialog box hidden behind the app window shown below:

once this was dismissed the app screen updated with the menu screen.

Also whilst in the game, if I attempted to drag the first musical scrap (Clarinet Two) into the world as soon as I released it the game crashed with the following error:

This happened with quite a few of the items whilst others like the structures seemed ok. Not sure what's going on there!

Hope this helps.
12-23-2013 03:30 PM
yvanvds Offline

Thanks!

It's been half a year since I last had the chance to update the client. I'm gonna work on it again during the holidays. The second error means a sound or material is missing. It will be fixed soon.

The first one I really don't know. I am using my own sound engine, but it does not use ASIO yet. It looks like your audio driver thinks I need it, but I don't even have ASIO on my development machine. I'll think about it.

Regards,

yvan
12-23-2013 06:01 PM