About Store Forum Documentation Contact

StimmyGames MMO
dezorza Offline

RE: StimmyGames MMO
Round two, added a set of ground objects including grasses, bushes, rocks and mushrooms.

Also tweaked the fog by making it a little bit denser and more of a brownish color.

12-04-2010 11:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yurci Offline

Too dark for me. :E

All is... Pessimistic and almost apocalyptic :o
12-04-2010 02:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joacorock Offline

in mmos i most prefer to grind in green adn colorful places, I play aion and i love the landscapes there
12-04-2010 04:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

I really like vegetation here. For me it isn't too dark. I'm waiting for next screens smile
12-04-2010 04:49 PM
AWM Mars Offline

For a lot of games, they can look quite toony, use all the colours of the rainbow, be glaring.. yet this feels just right, very atmospheric and even a little daunting. If you can get those types of emotional responses out of a VR game, then you are doing what many chase.
Excellent work smile
12-04-2010 08:35 PM
llynx Offline

Last screen look perfect! grin
12-04-2010 11:48 PM
McTomas Offline

It's starting to look better and better grin
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2010 10:56 AM by McTomas.)
12-05-2010 10:55 AM
Dynad Offline

Looks better now indeed... but maybe add some lights here and there so you will give it more life to your scene smile

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
12-05-2010 01:34 PM
Salival Offline

MMO for me is a functioning server that can handle a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual game world, but this client / map design looks very good. Good job!
12-08-2010 05:00 PM
runewake2 Offline

I like how you made the game seem more real then a lot of other MMO's. Some games just have that "I'm not real" look and feel. This game seems to possess something more.

Nice work, however I suggest adding a few more lights to make the game seem less monotoned. Even just some darker blacks and whiter whites would really make a difference.
12-08-2010 06:31 PM
tobandan Offline

(12-08-2010 06:31 PM)runewake2 Wrote:  I like how you made the game seem more real then a lot of other MMO's. Some games just have that "I'm not real" look and feel. This game seems to possess something more.

Nice work, however I suggest adding a few more lights to make the game seem less monotoned. Even just some darker blacks and whiter whites would really make a difference.

I totally agree wink
I once read a book called something with emotioneering in it's name: where they wrote about creating emotion in a player, comparing games with movies and thus also trying to make games more movie-ish with emotional engineering. Colors and contrast were two tools to alter emotion of the player..

EDIT: I fiddled around with the settings in Photoshop and came across this result (image attached)

Attached File(s) Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2010 04:21 PM by tobandan.)
12-09-2010 04:13 PM
Dynad Offline

its pretty dark and yellow.. if you're gonna use dark colors.. please use them right. Cause how can the sky be that bright and the ground that dark... If you want to go for reality looking then you better change the contrast a bit.

12-09-2010 05:55 PM
tobandan Offline

Yeah, I know pfft It was just my 5 cents wink
12-09-2010 07:02 PM
runewake2 Offline

I think the sky is perfect. The ground seems very dry to me. It's not dark enough for the atmosphere and creates sort of a arid feel for me.

Also I think that a little darker shadows would be nice. However making the ground seem more damp might be all the change you need.

Also Bottle, the yellow is... yellow. It is too intense for something that is always present such as a sky. A little lighter on the ground and no change to the fog and sky would look nice I think.
12-09-2010 07:23 PM
Dynad Offline

(12-09-2010 07:23 PM)runewake2 Wrote:  Also Bottle, the yellow is... yellow. It is too intense for something that is always present such as a sky. A little lighter on the ground and no change to the fog and sky would look nice I think.

like i said..

12-09-2010 07:38 PM