About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Installer
runewake2 Offline

Installer
I know a lot of the people here will not need this. However I have experienced problems when installing the program and I have seen a few others who have had problems as well so here goes:

Could esenthel include an installer that installs Visual Studio 2008/2010 by using the online installer. Then places all esenthel installation stuff into the correct folders. Installs (or checks for) PhysX and Direct X version and finally creates a startup menu. Maybe even giving the option to run autoupdate at start.

I think this would make the engine a little nicer to get started with.
12-07-2010 06:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
menajev Offline

RE: Installer
IMAO if copying a few files into it's place is too hard for someone, he shouldn't even start a programming.
12-07-2010 06:37 PM
runewake2 Offline

I agree however It sounds like Esenthel is planning on making the engine easier to use. If this is true then simplifying the install process and making it a little more friendly would not be a bad thing.

This would also, hopefully, solve the problem a lot of people are experiencing with certain files not being found, errors and other stuff as well. A good portion of the Support forum is taken up of people not knowing how to, or installing the program wrong.

Additionally this would simply make everything easier. I easily prefer an installer to an unzip and copy here, here and here style.
12-07-2010 06:47 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thanks! I will consider this in the future
12-07-2010 06:52 PM
fatcoder Offline

I think the engine is very easy to install. You just need to run the Autoupdate tool, set you paths and let it do the rest. You should never need to manually copy anything anywhere. I agree with menajev.
12-08-2010 01:10 AM
McTomas Offline

Well I thing simplicity and automatization is always good and an MSI Installer is not hard to create. But yeah the installation now is pretty straight forward so I think that this not a priority.
12-08-2010 02:24 AM
AWM Mars Offline

where Runewake is coming from is.. not everyone is a coder/programmer. Many are like me, a pure artist.
However this does not mean we cannot create VR environments that are engaging, immersive and darn good to look at smile
checkout http://www.yourinside.com gallery for a sample of some I have developed. There are interactive functionality within the environments, they are targeted towards education, business and training.

What surely appears to be 'straight forward' to many here, may not to others, albeit this does not mean they should not seek to use powerful and very useful programmes like Esenthel, which I believe, has huge potential. If feasible, there is no reason, small features like the one requested, should not be implemented. If you need a reason why, then you do not understand its need.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2010 11:59 AM by AWM Mars.)
12-08-2010 11:58 AM
joacorock Offline

You can use Install Creator http://www.clickteam.com/shop-w/outils-d...eator.html

Very cheap and a professional solution.
12-08-2010 06:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

You can allso use free Inno Setup http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php
12-08-2010 08:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

It looks like Tottel created one here: http://esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=2822
12-09-2010 07:29 PM
Masterxilo Offline

or GPInstall
12-11-2010 12:59 AM
joacorock Offline

I'm making an installer with preconfigured files now, I'll upload it in a while.
12-11-2010 01:01 AM