About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[BUG] GUI Editor
Iron Offline

[BUG] GUI Editor
It seems as though there's a bug of some kind in the GUI Editor.

I'm working on a game and am in charge of developing the user interface. This particular interface I'm designing is pretty image/button heavy, so when a problem like this pops up, it's pretty annoying. I think it has something to do with the way Esenthel deals with layering objects.

Here's the basic gist of it. Say I'm working on my interface and I have a window. Inside that window there's a translucent white bar with buttons layered on top of that.

Example:
[Image: example1v.png]

Now, say I save this particular GUI file. When I go to reopen it another time, everything will be strangely uncorrectly layered, rendering some of the buttons to not be clickable since they're under the translucent white image box.

Example:
[Image: example2q.png]

I mean, this won't happen all the time. But it definitely happens 95% of the time. Considering how much work it takes to undo all the problems that happens, I'd like to see if this could be remedied.

Thanks.
12-13-2010 06:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

RE: [BUG] GUI Editor
I just wanna say: Nice icons!
12-13-2010 08:10 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Can you send me the files with steps how to reproduce the problem?
12-13-2010 11:21 AM
Iron Offline

Surely, but in what way should I pack up the files? I mean how should I link the file from the editor to the file in the folder?
12-13-2010 05:20 PM
Iron Offline

Surely, but in what way should I pack up the files? I mean how should I link the file from the editor to the file in the folder?
12-13-2010 05:20 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Just send me the .gobj files and the images archived in rar or zip
12-13-2010 05:23 PM
Iron Offline

Actually, I just tested it, you don't even need my .gobjs, just two .gfxs. Ok, hopefully you can download the two .gfx files from here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a10v3suh9x...xample.zip

Alright, so start out with a blank screen in the editor. Now create any sized window you want, default style will be fine.

Now, in that window create a rectangle with square.gfx. Make the rectangle's width longer than the height. Now, for the rectangle go to Color Add and change the color to something other than black. Go to Color and change the opacity so that it is slightly translucent. These don't really matter, but just for example.

Now, on top of that rectangle use button.gfx and create a button, the size doesn't matter. Now duplicate that button 2 more times. Just make sure they're on top of that big, semitranslucent rectangle.

To show you what I mean, here's a screen.
[Image: exampleqp.png]

Now save. Close the editor. Reopen the editor. Reopen the GUI file.

You don't really need to do any of those specific things to run into this problem. It really happens with anything.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2010 06:29 PM by Iron.)
12-13-2010 06:23 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I did that, but it works ok.

Which SDK version are you using?

Can you send me the .gobj file?
12-13-2010 06:48 PM
Iron Offline

Seems like my team and I were using older versions of the tools. Updated and everything is working well for now.

Will report back if I see something happen again.

Thanks Esenthel
12-13-2010 10:56 PM
Iron Offline

Unfortunately, this is still occuring... I would send you a slimmed down version of my .gobj Esenthel, but even then it's still a large file with many components.
12-17-2010 04:31 AM
Iron Offline

Unfortunately, this is still occuring... I would send you a slimmed down version of my .gobj Esenthel, but even then it's still a large file with many components.
12-17-2010 04:31 AM