About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Whats the workflow for adding armors and attachments?
Aniketos Offline

Whats the workflow for adding armors and attachments?
With the new version of the MeshEditor I seem to constantly have issues with adding new armors/attachments to existing skeleton even if the skeleton is 100% the same.

Only way I manage to do it now is by reimporting the player mesh with the armor from max and and then re-saving both the armor and mesh. I can't seem to manage to reassign the mesh to existing skeleton.

I tried following the November changes description but I can't seem to do it any way I try...

How does everyone else do it? Would be handy if there were some wiki pages or documentation on this kind of subjects btw...
12-23-2010 05:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Whats the workflow for adding armors and attachments?
You can just load the base mesh (body), then drag and drop cloth dae file and select "import as clothing"

or import the cloth normally, then load base (body) skeleton and resave the cloth
12-23-2010 05:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aniketos Offline

(12-23-2010 05:15 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  You can just load the base mesh (body), then drag and drop cloth dae file and select "import as clothing"

or import the cloth normally, then load base (body) skeleton and resave the cloth

That doesn't work I tried that 20 times. The skeleton is always on the side of the mesh...
12-23-2010 05:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

cloth/armor must be modelled that way that it covers the original body mesh (the same pose and scale)
12-23-2010 05:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply