About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Minimize Name Changes overall
Aniketos Offline

Minimize Name Changes overall
I notice that there are a lot of name changes lately and its quite annoying if you have a project with couple of thousands of lines which use lets say input and diri/anglei etc and suddenly its changed to move, turn etc.

You then have to go around and refract everything once every week or two. I generally get around 100-200 compile errors because of this. So please can you keep the unnecessary name changes to a minimum, there is noneed to fix something that isn't broken.
12-26-2010 06:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
menajev Offline

RE: Minimize Name Changes overall
Especially making short names longer.
12-26-2010 02:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

Yea got the same problems.. the project is getting bigger and bigger everyday and sometimes after a update i am busy for like 1/2 hours to get it compiled again.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
12-26-2010 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

Ctrl + f / Replace? :/
12-26-2010 06:53 PM
Dynad Offline

(12-26-2010 06:53 PM)Tottel Wrote:  Ctrl + f / Replace? :/

Its not that easy m8... sometimes functions change as well... so replace doesn't work then...

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2010 10:38 PM by Dynad.)
12-26-2010 10:38 PM
Masterxilo Offline

I don't mind if it's for the better.
12-27-2010 02:52 PM
runewake2 Offline

Most of the name changes make the engine easier to understand. While that is not needed for the experienced programmers for beginners (like me) an easier to read code makes a lot more sense.
12-27-2010 04:29 PM
Barthap Offline

Ctrl+F/Replace is very good method, but with options Match case, Match whole word or for example Replace ".dir" to ".angle" (dot). With that it won't change GetDirFun() to GetAngleFun(), but only player.dir to player.angle (for example)
01-02-2011 02:00 PM
BlackHornet Offline

Will have to try VS + VAX with Esenthel soon smile Hope it turns out well, VAX got lot of awesome helper functions ^^

Urbanity Online: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Urbanity-Online/162454237136358
Join the Esenthel IRC Channel @ Freenode: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=##Esenthel
01-02-2011 04:41 PM