About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Header Browser Tool
Driklyn Offline

RE: Header Browser Tool
Finally got a chance to mess around with this new tool and it seems okay so far. I'm not so sure it is any more useful than the old API Reference at this point, but I guess we'll see with time.

I do like the searching though; how it categorizes the results by type and then further alphabetizes them by class name. Seems more useful this way.

One downside is that the secondary window that pops up when you hover over things can get in the way sometimes and causes it to sometimes be annoying. I don't think it should appear when you hover over a function name as it just renders the same exact thing that you are already hovering over. It only makes since for it to appear when you hover over something when the information will actually be different (such as when hovering over arguments, base classes, or variables).

Also, not sure I like the scrolling when using the mouse wheel. I think it should just jump down about 3 lines instantly instead of slowly animating down about 20. Oh, and being able to jump back / forward pages by using the 4th and 5th mouse buttons would be nice (I guess that's what they're called, the ones on the sides of the mouse). I'm not sure if you can go forward through pages you were previously on at this time but I know you can currently go backwards by using the backspace button.

(01-16-2011 07:28 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  Yeah, that works nice! just added it

How do we do this? Is this something we have to setup manually inside of VS?
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2011 08:50 AM by Driklyn.)
01-19-2011 08:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

(01-19-2011 08:49 AM)Driklyn Wrote:  
(01-16-2011 07:28 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  Yeah, that works nice! just added it

How do we do this? Is this something we have to setup manually inside of VS?

Check Documentation. Somewhere here I found info about it.
01-19-2011 09:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

(01-19-2011 09:28 AM)Harry Wrote:  Check Documentation. Somewhere here I found info about it.

Thanks, got it. I almost checked it last night to see if it told you how but ended up not doing it.
01-19-2011 06:16 PM
Dandruff Offline

A nice addition to the toolset. And like Driklyn, I find the search function easy to navigate and very useful.
Also, perhaps you could still find some time to update the doxygen file? (if you're not already) I don't know how hard it is to generate said file but if it's not too big a hassle it'd be cool to see it get updated from time to time.

Thanks and great work as always Esenthel!
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2011 08:04 AM by Dandruff.)
01-22-2011 08:01 AM
Driklyn Offline

The doxygen file (API Reference) is officially unsupported now and no longer included in the SDK. If you check "Remove Additional Files" when running Autoupdate, it will be deleted to your Recycle Bin (so will everything else that isn't in the latest SDK).
01-22-2011 08:24 AM
Dandruff Offline

I see, that's fine.

I also remembered updating with the "Remove Additional Files" checked... that was fun.
01-23-2011 02:46 AM