About Store Forum Documentation Contact

"Save part as new Mesh"
llynx Offline

"Save part as new Mesh"
Or is this already possible?

Only way that I can tell right now is to delete all of the other parts but this is tedious when dealing with dozens of parts across many models.

But you would only be able to save one part as an individual mesh, it would be more useful to be able to 'select' multiple parts and export them as one mesh, yet still retaining that they are separate parts.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2011 08:55 PM by llynx.)
01-03-2011 08:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
menajev Offline

RE: "Save part as new Mesh"
Why don't just do it in normal model editor (I guess your using any?)
01-04-2011 12:14 AM
llynx Offline

You can do that but why do that when you could do it right in ME. In my case, EE has nicer/quicker mesh part splitting than 3ds max. This isn't high priority but doesn't sound too difficult to implement.
01-04-2011 12:23 AM
Driklyn Offline

I agree, this would be nice.

Here's a trick I just thought of though: Create a new material, save it, and apply it to the entire mesh. Then, hit New to create another material and apply it to the part you need to keep (no need to save this material). Then select Mesh > Join Parts > With the same Material. You should now have 2 parts. Delete the unwanted part and you're good to go.
01-04-2011 06:00 AM
llynx Offline

(01-04-2011 06:00 AM)Driklyn Wrote:  I agree, this would be nice.

Here's a trick I just thought of though: Create a new material, save it, and apply it to the entire mesh. Then, hit New to create another material and apply it to the part you need to keep (no need to save this material). Then select Mesh > Join Parts > With the same Material. You should now have 2 parts. Delete the unwanted part and you're good to go.

Yeah I've actually done this in some cases when it was possible. But still, a list of parts of which you could select then export as a mesh would be far neater and would allow for selection of multiple parts, (Some of which are not visible (cant be shift clicked))
01-05-2011 05:36 AM