About Store Forum Documentation Contact

.XSI importing.
Stratosphere Offline

.XSI importing.
Hello, I'm new to the engine and looking at the docs and the features page I now have a request, it's just a convenience and it is not really necessary, but it could help me at least. I use Autodesk Softimage Mod tool for modeling, and even though it exports to .COLLADA it has export limitations for external meshes. If there was a .XSI format importer, the polygon limit would not apply as far as I know.

Autodesk Softimage Mod tool is a lesser version of the full product that is free, and is really easy to use. The documentation that comes with it is complete, so external books or tutorials aren't really necessary, though if they existed it would be helpful >_<. You don't have to do it because it's not essential to my project I could just use collada but like I said it would be convenient if I just had to save my models and then directly import them into the engine rather than exporting to collada then putting it into the engine. it just removes a step in the process and though I want it it's not essential. It would just be nice.

You would also be able to say that your engine works with the mod tool, possibly getting you more customers wink
10-14-2009 06:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply