About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Building Bloody Massacre in DX9
runewake2 Offline

Building Bloody Massacre in DX9
I am curious how I can build Bloody Massacre in DX9 version. I have copied the Esenthel files in the project settings over the BM ones. This however returns aproxamatly 1600+ to 2000+ errors depending on if I copy over the DX9 or DX10+ files. Neither work.

Looking at the Original BM settings I see their is no Esenthel file. How do I build BM to run in DX9?

Also I think I found why the Player moves faster when they jump. The air friction is less thus you accelerate. Don't know how to fix this but I just wanted to point it out.
01-18-2011 04:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dandruff Offline

RE: Building Bloody Massacre in DX9
I'm not sure why it has that much errors. Check if the DX9 build is missing the Esenthel library in its additional dependencies.
If you are using microsoft visual 2008:
Alt+F7->Configuration Properties->Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies->EsenthelEngine.lib

Regarding the player movement, I think it has something to do with the characters collision with the terrain. Perhaps the phys body glitches under the terrain a bit causing it to sort of glide.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2011 07:33 AM by Dandruff.)
01-18-2011 07:33 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

What do you mean copy files over BM?

BM is already configured that way so you dont need to copy anything.

Just extract the archive, and run the VS projects and compile.
Do you still have errors?
Also BM is configured so it supports only DX9.
01-18-2011 01:14 PM
runewake2 Offline

I believe the problem is because the Esenthel Engine files are actually inported into the project. I'll test to see if it works on a computer with DX9.
01-18-2011 04:13 PM