Babulesnik Offline

How to use shader?
How to use shader?

Attached File(s) Image(s)

02-04-2011 09:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

RE: How to use shader?
You have to create in Enum folder material_user_shader.enum. Or copy it from SDK smile

Do the same with Type list (material_user_type.enum).
02-04-2011 10:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Babulesnik Offline

(02-04-2011 10:20 AM)Harry Wrote:  You have to create in Enum folder material_user_shader.enum. Or copy it from SDK smile

Do the same with Type list (material_user_type.enum).

Thanks,but why it cannot be applied?

Attached File(s) Image(s)

02-04-2011 11:06 AM
Dampire Offline

Because custom shaders available only for licensed developers.
02-04-2011 01:28 PM
Babulesnik Offline

(02-04-2011 01:28 PM)Dampire Wrote:  Because custom shaders available only for licensed developers.

Thanks.
02-04-2011 09:11 PM
Babulesnik Offline

(02-04-2011 01:28 PM)Dampire Wrote:  Because custom shaders available only for licensed developers.

I can use the shaders, if buy a license Personal ?
02-10-2011 09:16 PM
Dynad Offline

If you want to use the shaders in the Editor itself you need the pro license.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
02-10-2011 09:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Babulesnik Offline

(02-10-2011 09:20 PM)Dynad Wrote:  If you want to use the shaders in the Editor itself you need the pro license.

I need to use shaders in "Material Editor".It is impossible to Personal?
02-10-2011 09:51 PM
Dynad Offline

yes... you need the Customizable World Editor source which is in the pro package.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
02-11-2011 05:38 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

or company
02-11-2011 12:12 PM
Barthap Offline

02-11-2011 10:31 PM
eLeMenCy Offline

After purchasing the shader option earlier on today, I stumbled upon this (old) thread implying that, as a non licensed user, custom shaders can't be used in the editor.

Well, although I find this restriction (if it holds true) very fair indeed, specially when the price of these headers is so extremely low and they can still be used via coding, I would have preferred to be able to make an informed decision before my purchase, specially when being currently in the process of evaluating this engine and therefore not a licensed user as yet.

So, to avoid unpleasant surprises such as this one to all future newcomers, maybe it would be a good thing/idea to improve the terms of the different license types (Non commercial, Personal, Company, Ultimate) to make them as transparent as possible by describing in detail what they respectively include/exclude in term of features, sources etc...

Thanks - back to my evaluation - keep up the good work :-)

PS: It is possible that these license details (other than the ones found in the shop page which are mostly legal and not feature related) are already available somewhere else, if so, please point me in the right direction as obviously I haven't found them.

Edit: Changed a few misspelled words and terms which could lead to confusion.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2012 11:42 AM by eLeMenCy.)
08-08-2012 10:36 PM
ksubox Offline

I wonder is it possible to buy personal license + shader headers + editor sources to get shader works in game & editor ?
08-09-2012 11:23 PM
eLeMenCy Offline

Huuuh... thanks for the pointer ksubox - well spotted and my bad lol blushing
I have indeed overlooked the Editor Sources section which (from the list of options) should enable custom shader use in the editor.

Not sure one requires the personal license to make it work (in code and editor) though - I would assume not - but maybe this can be confirmed by Esenthel.

Still this somehow tends to highlight my point that the way the license and options are presented can be misleading and could be improved. i.e via a chart or a single page were all options/terms could be compared easily at a glance without having to dig-in. wink

Obviously this is no major issue - far from that - but in my view, would help bringing forward even more the professionalism, the high quality and all the great values this highly featured engine has to offer.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 12:45 PM by eLeMenCy.)
08-10-2012 12:20 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello,

Shader Headers in the past were included only in Personal license and above.
Editor Partial Source Code in the past was included only in Company license and above.

This is no longer the case since the introduction of Esenthel Store.

Shader Headers, and Editor Partial Source Code are sold separately now. You can use them even in the Free Non-Commercial License.

Free, Personal, Company, Ultimate have all the same engine features.
Any differences between them are included in Esenthel Store Item Description.
08-10-2012 02:29 PM