About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Exporting entire world as single image
Brad_Mclain Offline

Exporting entire world as single image
Is there a way to generate the entire world out as one image file?

I want to be able to make a fast travel map of my world and thus will need an image that is to scale.

I understand you can generate the mini map but that comes out in separate files and will take a long time to join them all together.
03-10-2011 02:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

RE: Exporting entire world as single image
Why can't you just place the minimap images one after another in a tiled map?
03-10-2011 03:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Brad_Mclain Offline

Well I could but I don't want to actually use those images in game.

I want to paint over that with a simple map that contains only locations no details, it will actually look more like a physical map someone might use to navigate.

Since I want scales and distances between locations to be correct I need a starting base map.
03-10-2011 03:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

I misunderstood, my bad. I have not come across anything that could let you do this.

Could you just convert the GFX images the map produces back to PNG's and then piece them together to get your map? Only problem with this is that I don't think converting in that way is possible at the moment.
03-10-2011 04:25 AM
Brad_Mclain Offline

That is looking like my only option at the moment.

But like you said I don't think GFX to PNG is possible at the moment.

I had one thought, perhaps I can use the camera in world editor top view, zoom right out and take a screenshot, not sure how accurate this will be though. This method also becomes increasingly inaccurate the larger your world gets.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2011 04:36 AM by Brad_Mclain.)
03-10-2011 04:34 AM
runewake2 Offline

That would work. However, if you do that I suggest you take a paintbrush and go over the terrain in Photoshop or something.

Also, the terrain only renders a certain part of itself. It does not render the entire world.
03-10-2011 04:47 AM
Driklyn Offline

You can export images as BMP, DDS, JPG, or PNG through code.

(03-10-2011 04:47 AM)runewake2 Wrote:  Also, the terrain only renders a certain part of itself. It does not render the entire world.

You can use [ and ] to adjust that in World Editor, or this code in your own game:

Code:
World.init(WORLD_FULL, D.viewRange() * 100);
03-10-2011 08:20 AM