About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Need some help.
TBJokers Offline

Need some help.
Hello, My modeler just finished the town. but we've a small problem. The town is 65444vtxss and 47922tris. and its in 1018 parts. The trouble we have is to add the textures to the model in esenthel engine.. Works fine in 3ds max, but when we add it to esenthel it wont work. Any help over here? any tips or tricks?

my 2nd question :
How could i make so something searches for an update?

Man, it's always that semicolon...
03-10-2011 11:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

RE: Need some help.
First its better to split your town up in several parts.. like house1/house2/tree1/tree2 -> export and add those in the editor. Its a lot faster for editing otherwise you need to export your entire town each time for e.g changing a door.

Im not sure what u mean by update.. EE SDK update? if so you can use the updater in the tool folder. It only updates to the latest version of the SDK.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
03-11-2011 08:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TBJokers Offline

I guess i will need to split it up then. And i meant i want my launcher.exe to search for updates but i dunnoo.

03-11-2011 03:22 PM
Tottel Offline

Your launcher will load your world, so each time you save your worl in the editor and build it will be updated.
03-11-2011 04:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TBJokers Offline

Well thats not my problem, My modeler got like a big part of the models for my game, They are textured and all. When he convert the model to .3ds, he sends it to me. When i convert the .3ds to .mesh = no textures. We have thought much now, we figured that .mesh is for the pixel thingy, and .obj is for textures. So he sent me that tooo = no textures.. We can't get textures to work. Please we need your help pfft team viewer much appreciated.

03-14-2011 06:03 PM
Tottel Offline

When I important .3ds in the mesh editor, I still need to apply the textures to it, so don't worry. What you do is import the model (it will be gray), and then just drag and drop the textures on the different parts (you can cycle between them at the top of the screen, open the material editor).

Although this is probably quite a hassle for an entire town. Does anyone know a better way to import and keep the textures on?
03-14-2011 07:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TBJokers Offline

Your tactic works 80% sometimes when i drag and drop the textures they dont fit. And i find it impossible to make them fit like they should. Help us Esenthel HELP US !

03-14-2011 11:57 PM
Dynad Offline

You need to make sure that the textures are in the same folder as the exported .3ds file. If so the engine will import the textures aswell so there is no need to apply them later with the Material Editor.

The best choice for hard surface models is to make use of the DAE or OBJ format.

formats -> http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t..._Importing

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
03-17-2011 12:03 PM