About Store Forum Documentation Contact

World Import With C++ From World Editor?
crymantt Offline

World Import With C++ From World Editor?
Hi, Im starting new with esenthel but unclear about a few things. I looked around the available source code and could not find any examples to show importing a complete world from the world editor. How can I import the world, so it looks exactly like it does in the editor? What is the point of having the editor if I have to do all the setup again in C++, please someone clarify this.

Cheers..
03-11-2011 04:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

RE: World Import With C++ From World Editor?
Well there is..

check tutorial here: EsenthelEngineSDK\Tutorials\Source\Advanced\4 - Demos, Game Basics\Game Basics\03 - World with Character.cpp

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
03-11-2011 05:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crymantt Offline

Have already looked at that, it doesn't do much. When I import my own world, the clouds are not showing, well none of the environment is showing like I have in the editor, do I need to load the environment somehow? for example if I modify the ambient occlusion settings in the editor, why aren't they changed when I load my world?
03-11-2011 11:03 AM
Dynad Offline

You need to program that yourself, If you take a look at the Bloody Massacre source you can use the environment settings + the cloud/fog codes etc.

But all these can be found also in the tutorial sources wink

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
03-11-2011 11:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chris Offline

You can also create an instance of:

Edit::EnvironmentOptions Env;
Edit::VideoOptions Vid;

Init() {
Env.create(); Vid.create(); // etc

and load/save the settings from a text file with it.
03-11-2011 12:05 PM
crymantt Offline

Thanks!

I still have the free license not the paid version and evaluating until decide to buy. So far it looks good however still need to know a few more things. It is very important to us that we can for example be able to do custom shaders including Post FX such as a custom Bokeh depth of field, Anamorphic streaks etc.
03-11-2011 01:18 PM