About Store Forum Documentation Contact

State Machine + Event System?
Pancakes Offline

State Machine + Event System?
Hey I'm interested in using this engine but I'm not a programmer. So I wanted to ask if there is any state machine + event system on the horizon for this engine that non coders can use. If not, then is it possible to hire a programmer here to write one for me? How much would you ask for? Thank you.
07-10-2009 08:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chaplaindm Offline

Re: State Machine + Event System?
Pancakes,

Good to see you around! Anyway, I think that we both need to learn to code. I have tried to get help (even offered $) but hetting programmers is almost impossible.

Maybe you will have better luck!
Chaplain
07-11-2009 02:13 AM
Sarora Offline

There is a state machine (if your thinking the same as me) where you can switch "scenes/maps" easy, thought it does require couple of lines of code.

Take a look in the samples (Advanced -> no 5 -> sample 01) it has it.

Code:
extern State StateIntro;

More code to the state, but in the end, it only really take 3 lines of code in total.

Unsure of what event system you are looking for, but they arent usually hard to make.

@Chaplaindm

Most people are working on there own projects, and dont have the time to work on others, it has nothing to do with luck to find one smile

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
07-11-2009 01:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sydbod Offline

Just remember, there is a difference between a programmer and a program creator.
It is similar to the difference between a person that speaks english, and a person that creates a novel in english....a writer.(basically extra skills are required)
This is why you should go through all the samples that are provided and get to understand them before doing anything. It is the getting of the head around how this game library does things that takes the time to master.
Should you go down the learning path, then may I be so bold as to suggest using the new "VS2010 Beta1" rather than "VS2008" for your C++ compiler and IDE. I have just tried it out today, and it catches so many more of the NOOB errors like wrong data types being passed or miss-spelled variables in the code.(I think I have fallen in love with it) smile
07-11-2009 01:05 PM