About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Leafs on normal tree assets.
Sarora Offline

Leafs on normal tree assets.
Hi

Ive been trying to add some textures to a tree asset i got (i bought some, like http://www.dexsoft-games.com/models/vegetation1.html)

Ive added the leaf texture using the "Leafs" texture setting, but nothing moves/waves when i have it inside the program.

You cannot add leaves to these kind of tree's ?

I know, wierd question smile

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
07-10-2009 07:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: Leafs on normal tree assets.
its somewhere in the documentation
you need to have also tree leaf attachment position, you can set it in 2 ways in the Mesh Editor
07-11-2009 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarora Offline

I cant see anywhere it explains how to do that.

All it has to say in regards to leafs is:

Quote:Leaf - mesh vertexes will bend on the wind like tree leafs, to use this technique mesh must also contain leaf attachment positions, these positions are automatically generated when creating trees, for custom models you would need to process them in Mesh Editor tool to automatically generate those positions

All i could find in regards to leafs in the documentation.

It says "to automatically generate those positions".

Does it do that when you import ? because it still isnt moving (after importing, creating the leaf texture and setting as leaf), nothing is moving..

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
07-11-2009 04:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

in the Mesh Editor, Material Mode, please check menu, you've got there "set leaf attachment"
07-12-2009 10:57 AM
Sarora Offline

Ahhh !!, thats where it was hiding smile

Thanks, :roll:

07-12-2009 11:36 AM
Chaplaindm Offline

Did you get it to work? I too use dexsoft and haven't tried that yet.

Chaplain
07-12-2009 06:27 PM
Sarora Offline

yeah it works smile

07-12-2009 07:14 PM
Chaplaindm Offline

When do you see the leaves moving? I was able to find the spot in the mesh editor that allows the engine to automatically insert the leaf attachment. I would not think it is in World Editor but in a build of some kind.

Am I right?

Chaplain
07-13-2009 01:32 PM
Sarora Offline

Wow, do you even read the posts ?

Esenthal said it like 5 posts above.

07-13-2009 02:07 PM