About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Live Development
alexburkee Offline

Live Development
Is there a way to intergrate live development of my game with your engine?

So for example me and a friend can work on the game at the same time and it updates automatically to each others PC's.

I think its possible if I create a shared folder for people on my network and just get my friend to bring over his Laptop. Does that make sence?

Another idea? Maybe theres a way to set it up through SQL or something?

Or maybe even VPN?

Also can an Admin check the Sales e-mail I sent in a question regarding buying your engine.

Thanks
Alex
04-14-2011 04:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Brad_Mclain Offline

RE: Live Development
You could use a source control system such as subversion to allow multiple developers to work on your project at once.
04-14-2011 04:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alexburkee Offline

Thanks for the quick reply,
is that only for Local or can I set it up for the internet?
04-14-2011 04:56 AM
Brad_Mclain Offline

You need to setup a subversion server, this could be either on a local network or somewhere on the internet.
04-14-2011 05:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

There is a tool included in the engine called "Data Server" for this very purpose, however, I have never personally used it before. This may/should work well when using the World Editor, as access to the tool is built right into it.

I would also recommend using the free SVN services offered by Assembla accompanied with TortoiseSVN for the entire project to ensure you never lose your data or important changes. However, SVN is not real-time, you have to manually tell it when to commit and when to update.
04-14-2011 05:48 AM
alexburkee Offline

Awesome smile
thanks When does the admin usually come online?
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2011 06:19 AM by alexburkee.)
04-14-2011 06:18 AM
Dandruff Offline

Oh, he's always online..
04-14-2011 06:35 AM
alexburkee Offline

Is there a way to change the movement in game to "WASD" and Hold right click to move the camera view?
04-14-2011 10:28 AM
Dynad Offline

Just look at the Camera modes tutorial.. and change the buttons to your own liking.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
04-14-2011 10:49 AM
alexburkee Offline

Thanks, Esenthel if you see this check your sales e-mail I have a question about buying.
04-14-2011 10:53 AM
alexburkee Offline

Can someone please tell me more about the Data Server ?
Does the world editor update live when someone else on the dataserver edits something?
04-15-2011 05:42 PM
Kezryk Offline

(04-15-2011 05:42 PM)alexburkee Wrote:  Can someone please tell me more about the Data Server ?
Does the world editor update live when someone else on the dataserver edits something?

The Data Server is what you need, Just make sure you have a static Ip address, otherwise it will only work locally. When you start it up set the Data folder. then you and your remote group can update their changes and ect. You Basically have to manually update it! unless its been changed since i last used it
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2011 04:27 PM by Kezryk.)
04-16-2011 04:26 PM