About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Multiplayer AI Problem
Thallo Offline

Multiplayer AI Problem
Hey I tried to Implement the AI System from the Blood Massacre to a Multiplayer game but I am getting these Errors

1>AI.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Chr::Chr(void)" (??0Chr@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall AI::AI(void)" (??0AI@@QAE@XZ)
1>AI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall AI::animate(void)" (?animate@AI@@UAEXXZ)
1>AI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall Chr::die(void)" (?die@Chr@@UAEXXZ)
1>AI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall Chr::addDamage(float,struct Chr *)" (?addDamage@Chr@@UAEXMPAU1@@Z)
1>AI.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall Chr::save(struct EE::File &)" (?save@Chr@@UAEXAAUFile@EE@@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall AI::save(struct EE::File &)" (?save@AI@@UAEXAAUFile@EE@@@Z)
1>AI.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual bool __thiscall Chr::load(struct EE::File &)" (?load@Chr@@UAE_NAAUFile@EE@@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall AI::load(struct EE::File &)" (?load@AI@@UAE_NAAUFile@EE@@@Z)
1>Tutorial.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals

Could it be that I missed a Input in the Linker in visual studio ??
These are the once I have implementet:

EsenthelEngine.lib
RakNetLibStatic.lib
winmm.lib
wininet.lib
ws2_32.lib
version.lib
imm32.lib
psapi.lib
rpcrt4.lib
libcmt.lib
libcpmt.lib
oldnames.lib

sorry if this is a stupid question but I am new to esenthel and c++

thx Thallo
04-19-2011 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

RE: Multiplayer AI Problem
This means that your trying to use functions that aren't implemented. Which means you need to add the functions aswell in the .cpp files and now you have the virtual functions only.

You need also to include the files where you want to use them.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
04-19-2011 08:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thallo Offline

Ah ok helped me a lot thx can you recomend a tutorial for c++ and for esenthel where I can finde some source code to lern the basic things and so on ??
04-19-2011 08:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

You can always check the source tutorials that Esenthel supplies in its SDK.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
04-19-2011 09:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply