About Store Forum Documentation Contact

program icon
yvanvds Offline

program icon
Hello.

In the February updates, it is stated that App.icon() is removed because autodetection is used. How does this work though? I did place a file called icon.ico in the same directory as my executable. But that's not working. I also tried putting it in the data directory. No luck there. So where do I put it?

Regards,

yvan
04-21-2011 08:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dandruff Offline

RE: program icon
i have a resource.rc in my project folder and inside is:
IDI_ICON1 ICON "icon.ico"

icon.ico is your icon and once you're done with all of your modifications, save it and recompile your project
04-21-2011 11:50 PM
yvanvds Offline

Yes, i saw that in the tutorial solution. But i started from an empty project and cannot add resources. (Think you need another type of project for that.) But surely that cannot be what Esenthel meant by autodetect, can it?
04-22-2011 01:26 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

copy the resource.rc from SDK\tutorials to your project folder, and include that file in VS solution explorer
icon needs to be in project folder (not data)
04-22-2011 01:39 PM
yvanvds Offline

Ok, thanks. Strange that i cannot edit that file in my project, but I am still able to include it. Just for reference, I also had to copy over resource.h from the tutorials.
04-23-2011 01:15 PM
Kobaltic Offline

If I remember correctly VS express can't edit .rc files only the standard or pro version can. Not sure if you are using express though.
04-23-2011 02:52 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

yes, express cant edit it via gui, but you still can right click on resource.rc and select "view code" or something similar
04-23-2011 05:35 PM