Dandruff Offline

RE: Im woundering
so the port check failed?
05-01-2011 12:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

(04-30-2011 11:45 PM)Pat Wrote:  
(04-30-2011 11:19 PM)Dynad Wrote:  Making games won't be easy either.

OT: The dataserver gives you automatically the server port for you... you just need to copy paste the ip and thats all.

Well hes not local my brother lives like 500 miles from me sooo yea. So im trying to connect to him Globaly but to no success we cant get connected fire walls off ports opened still nothin.

Well if you push the button "RESOLVE" it gives you your Global IP address.

Well you need to open your ports in your router, turn on UpNP and set your DNS ip + port to your computer.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2011 12:45 AM by Dynad.)
05-01-2011 12:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pat Offline

(05-01-2011 12:44 AM)Dynad Wrote:  
(04-30-2011 11:45 PM)Pat Wrote:  
(04-30-2011 11:19 PM)Dynad Wrote:  Making games won't be easy either.

OT: The dataserver gives you automatically the server port for you... you just need to copy paste the ip and thats all.

Well hes not local my brother lives like 500 miles from me sooo yea. So im trying to connect to him Globaly but to no success we cant get connected fire walls off ports opened still nothin.

Well if you push the button "RESOLVE" it gives you your Global IP address.

Well you need to open your ports in your router, turn on UpNP and set your DNS ip + port to your computer.

DDNS Enable???? Yea the thing is we turned off all possible fire walls and so forth. Allso we are both useing lynksis routers. Now we opened are ports both of us everything that needed to be done. This is what we do after he opens up data server then the editor he logs in on his local IP.

Now we have the same set up in are data note pads 2 dif user names and were not useing a password for now. Now he gives me his Global IP ok so I put my user name in and his Global Ip try to connect and it says cannot connect no matter what we do.

(05-01-2011 12:30 AM)Dandruff Wrote:  so the port check failed?
Yes it failed im pulling my hair out over this becuase uselly I dont have this much of an issue.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2011 01:19 AM by Pat.)
05-01-2011 12:54 AM
Dandruff Offline

If the port check failed that means he forwarded incorrectly. forward both tcp and udp ports 65535 - 65535. ask him if he can connect using his global ip:port
05-01-2011 06:07 AM
Driklyn Offline

If you're router came with your internet package, call them and they'll know what to do. I did this once after spending hours and hours trying to get port forwarding working for my aunt's business. They knew exactly what I was talking about and solved the problem in like 15 minutes. After that, I wished I called sooner...
05-01-2011 06:29 AM
CrimsonKorz Offline

I Did the exact same thing as Pat did and nothing happened. Think we just going to not mess with it for awhile. Normally if we use anything else we never have a problem like we have been having with this program. We both couldnt connect to or globals as many times as we change stuff and we couldnt even connect to one another. We even used programs that should fix the problem and nothing. As i said we both did the exact same thing. Thanks for trying to help us but dont think we are going to mess with the program anytime soon. If we do we'll prolly have to call the people who made the router.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2011 12:15 AM by CrimsonKorz.)
05-02-2011 12:14 AM
Kezryk Offline

I had the same problem as stated in this. My resolution was to call my isp and have a static ip instead of dynamic. when it was changed i had no problems at all!
09-27-2011 06:09 PM