About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Using Sundog Silverlining ...
Spikelife Offline

Using Sundog Silverlining ...
In order to use Silverlining for sky, cloud, rain, snow, etc. I need the Direct3D device that DirectX creates. Is there a pointer to that device that will allow me to use the Silverlining ?

BTW -- this is really elegant software. I'm very new to it, but I like it !!
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2011 07:27 PM by Spikelife.)
05-07-2011 07:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Using Sundog Silverlining ...
there is no access to d3d device
05-07-2011 09:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spikelife Offline

Ahh well .... nail that coffin shut. /cry
05-07-2011 10:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
davidvp Offline

I must say it really looks great, isn't there any other way 2 let it work?
05-08-2011 12:04 PM
Spikelife Offline

Yeah Silverlining has amazing sky, sky colors, clouds and weather -- all in one nice package. And so easy to use, and I own the source code license. I just wish there was an interface or some way to produce the Atmosphere:: initialization without the D3D device -- but there apparently isn't. If there is no access to the D3D device it won't work with DirectX at all. So that leaves it on Mac with OpenGL only. I spent thousands of dollars on Unity3D only to find out they wouldn't allow it either.
05-08-2011 02:35 PM
davidvp Offline

the great thing is that clouds are really in the sky, for any kind of game it would be great! normally clouds are like rainbows in game's, you can never fly in them.

but silverlining does break this rule, and would us just fly in the clouds, really great.
Well its a shame that it can't be used, and it is really shitty for you spikelife :(

I hope you find a way 2 get what you want..
05-08-2011 05:11 PM