About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Code Editor: 64 bit option: Invalid solution configuration
Brad_Mclain Offline

Code Editor: 64 bit option: Invalid solution configuration
After switching to 64 bit build option in code editor I get the error message: "Invalid solution configuration", which is fine but when I try and switch back to 32 bit the message remains and I can no longer build.

The only way to fix the problem is to delete the _C++ Build folder. However to do this you must restart because the build_log.txt states it is still being used by Visual Studio, even though no visual studio instance is running.
05-08-2011 02:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Code Editor: 64 bit option: Invalid solution configuration
I've just tested this but don't have this problem.

Can you make sure you have latest engine.pak in your SDK Data, and you're running editor from SDK\Tools?

What other config do you use? (dx9/dx10, debug/release, vs2008/2010)?
05-08-2011 11:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Oh, maybe you're using VS Express? It doesn't support 64-bit builds.

Edit: I'll prevent launching VS Express from trying to compile 64-bits.
05-08-2011 11:32 AM
Brad_Mclain Offline

Updated SDK pak, Game Path pak, both visual studio 2008 and 2010 headers with auto update tool.

Did a bit more testing can confirm that the error only occurs in visual studio 2008, 2010 appears to work fine.

I am running 2008 professional so don't think express is the problem.
05-08-2011 01:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spikelife Offline

I ran the Autoupdate. I use Visual Studio 2010 : this happens to be the compile for MMO. But they all do the same thing (except I didn't test RPG 2). Where all previous builds succeeded, now any build for x64 fails on both release and debug for Dx10+ and x64 regular. Win32 succeeds in all modes.

All the x64 type builds for all modes fail with the following:
Quote:1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: server, Configuration: Debug DX10+ x64 ------
1> stdafx.cpp
1> Net Item.cpp
1>..\..\Shared\Net Item.cpp(2): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdafx.h': No such file or directory
1> Net Inventory.cpp
1>..\..\Shared\Net Inventory.cpp(2): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdafx.h': No such file or directory
1> Net Chr.cpp
1>..\..\Shared\Net Chr.cpp(2): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdafx.h': No such file or directory
1> Client Server.cpp
1>..\..\Shared\Client Server.cpp(2): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdafx.h': No such file or directory
1> Chr Create Request.cpp
1>..\..\Shared\Chr Create Request.cpp(2): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdafx.h': No such file or directory
1> Server.cpp
1>..\..\Server\Server.cpp(2): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdafx.h': No such file or directory
1> Main.cpp
1>..\..\Server\Main.cpp(2): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdafx.h': No such file or directory
1> Client.cpp
1>..\..\Server\Client.cpp(2): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdafx.h': No such file or directory
1> Account.cpp
1>..\..\Server\Account.cpp(2): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdafx.h': No such file or directory
1> Generating Code...
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2011 09:37 PM by Spikelife.)
05-08-2011 09:35 PM
Dandruff Offline

Check if the stdafx.h is in the appropriate include directory stated in the cpp files.
05-08-2011 10:51 PM
Spikelife Offline

Hmmm... odd that it would have suddenly moved when it compiled just fine before the update; and it compiles with the all the Win32 modes. But I will check it.
05-08-2011 10:57 PM
Spikelife Offline

I checked ; and re-Autoupdated. Everything is where it was. But x64 won't compile. What did I screw up ? lol
05-09-2011 09:23 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

@Brad_Mclain please wait for next SDK and we'll see
@Spikelife which VS are you using? 2008/2010, pro/express? what error/message are you receiving?
05-09-2011 09:30 PM
Spikelife Offline

I'm using Visual Studio 2010 Professional : and I posted the errors. For some reason it can't find stdafx.h and stdafx.cpp when you try and build any x64 (just since the update).
05-09-2011 10:37 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

you're trying to compile Esenthel MMO, but code editor is not designed to compile VS projects with cpp h files and manually specified stdafx.cpp .h precompiled headers
05-09-2011 10:51 PM
Spikelife Offline

But I didn't change or move anything -- I just ran your Autoupdate, then tried to compile MMO to test out all the different Win32 and 64 modes. I haven't even tried to use your code editor yet. Prior to the Autoupdate it compiled just fine in all modes. /boggle
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 12:02 AM by Spikelife.)
05-10-2011 12:00 AM
Driklyn Offline

(05-10-2011 12:00 AM)Spikelife Wrote:  I haven't even tried to use your code editor yet.

Considering this thread is about "Code Editor", you should have specifically mentioned that you're building the project inside of Visual Studio, not Code Editor, as that's a critical piece of information - or perhaps even made a new thread...
05-10-2011 08:25 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

if it's a problem in VS then it's a different story (indeed there was project configuration problem for x64 vs2010, I'll fix this for next sdk release)
05-10-2011 01:09 PM
Spikelife Offline

Thanks, Esenthel. i had said this:
Quote:I use Visual Studio 2010 :
but I guess that wasn't specific enough.

So sorry -- The reason I posted here is because it sounded like the Autoupdate affected the code editor and the compiles without any user intervention; and I thought that is what caused my problem. Clearly that was a stupid assumption.

So sorry for misinterpreting and posting a problem in the wrong place. Next time I'll make a new thread for everything .
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 02:16 PM by Spikelife.)
05-10-2011 02:08 PM