About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Easy Importing of Textures (intended to be used by WE)
dominoe Offline

Easy Importing of Textures (intended to be used by WE)
Hi,

I'm running into an issue thats quite time-consuming; I've been working on modeling mostly so I didn't notice until now:

When attempting to make ground/rock/grass/etc textures ready for use within the World Editor, I'm having to manually create each .GFX/.MTRL file by dragging and dropping into the Material Editor.

My workflow is as follows:

1) Drag .JPG into Material Editor (which auto-creates the same-named .GFX in the same folder)
2) Save .MTRL by typing out the whole file name, then saving. (can save some time by copy/pasting similar file names, when they are similar)

Unfortunately, when you have hundreds of textures named something like 'Grass_Dead_9_512_Tiled' it gets pretty annoying to do this. Normally I would have an external program to quickly generate these, but .MTRL files can only be made by EE.

Of course, only .MTRL files can be seen by the in-engine texture selection at the bottom of the World Editor, so I'm forced to do this for each texture.

So the feature request:

I would like to see a feature added to the Converter tool that would enable me to drag/drop a whole folder of .JPGs (and other file types) that will auto-generate .GFXs and .MTRLs of the same name in the same folder.
05-07-2011 06:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Easy Importing of Textures (intended to be used by WE)
you can write your own tool for that, you have access to c++ material commands
05-07-2011 06:31 PM
dominoe Offline

i'm afraid i have no idea how to do that.
05-07-2011 06:43 PM
Barthap Offline

I have some idea, I can help you.

I'm writing this from my mobile phone, so when I will use computer, I'll explain you more.
05-08-2011 07:47 AM