About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Game dll
Dynad Offline

Game dll
Hey,

Ive looked at the tutorial about loading the engine from a dll file... but the only thing you can do is just start the engine and thats it. Or can you add functions to it so you can while the engine is running send input/receive input from the dll?

I really like to make something with this, please let me know what the possibilities are with this smile

Thnx,
~Dynad

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
05-11-2011 10:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Game dll
this is only so you can make full game inside dll, and launch it using launcher.exe
05-11-2011 10:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

Is there nothing else you can do with it? I like to have the engine running inside a win32 app. Or is there another way of doing that?

05-11-2011 10:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rndbit Offline

(05-11-2011 10:22 PM)Dynad Wrote:  Is there nothing else you can do with it? I like to have the engine running inside a win32 app. Or is there another way of doing that?

you seem confused. having engine running from within dll simply allows you have all your game code inside dll instead of exe, thats all the difference there is. now what to do with such feature? only your creativity is a limit there.. if you dont know what to do with game in dll - you dont need to use that feature smile
05-13-2011 05:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

Well that was not the point of this question... but the answer lies at the other thread about running EE in a win32 window.

05-13-2011 05:21 PM