About Store Forum Documentation Contact

importing mesh from maya
cmtanko Offline

importing mesh from maya
I modeled and basic rigged/skinned a character in maya. when i export the rig using openCollada and open in esenthel. the mesh is deformed and the skeleton links are broken...
can anyone suggest me how to export rigged model from maya ?

Regards,
05-12-2011 08:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
llynx Offline

RE: importing mesh from maya
Could you attach the maya files? Did you export with openCollada using the correct export settings? They're a bit different in maya than 3DS Max.
05-12-2011 08:58 AM
cmtanko Offline

what are the setting to be made in maya ? its not written in the documentation file... can you plz help me ? I tried with different setting.
05-12-2011 09:00 AM
Deiphoboz Offline

Instead of making my own thread here im wondering about something else but not that different is it possible to implement 3d models from Blender, because as of now maya and 3ds costs around 4k dollars each which im not going to spend on some hobby(currently is) although well spent if your serious about things. Anyone tried this or can we get a confirm from esenthel himself ? ^^,
05-24-2011 07:33 PM
llynx Offline

Yes, you can make models in blender and export to file formats compatible with EE.
05-24-2011 09:57 PM
Deiphoboz Offline

I just found out that 3Ds max is free for students so man i can use that afterall ^^, Thanks for a qucik answer though
05-24-2011 10:27 PM