About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Just things that I miss
davidvp Offline

Just things that I miss
I'm using esenthel for sometime now, and befor esenthel I used allot of other engines, now the great thing about the esenthel it has no limit, and build new feature's and on the same time keep the no-limit's is a hard thing 2 do.

but these things I did miss, some are stupit, or already there,
but just take a look at it and tell me what you think smile

-object list
A list with all object in the map, so you can easily find stuff back, and edit it any time.

-vertex snapping tool
Place object fast and exactly where you want them, without gaps or crossing.

-Triggers
Easily add spheres, boxes, capsules and meshes to define trigger zones in your world.

-Waypoiny smoothing
Smooth way points to go in a nice curve.

-Waypoints data viewer
small window where you can edit the position of the wapoint, so you can use exact numbers instead of guessing how high it is.

-Camera
Add points with a view direction so you can easily call it, and watch with it. (Think this is posible with object + script)? so than it doesn't have any value.

-Region Nodes
Create regions in the world, and use it easily in script, so you can define smaller pices or bigger pices in the world, like houses, harbors, mountains, easily from the world editor.

-Texture Layers
All with there own bump strength, specularity scrength, etc.

-Actor editor
Fast make an actor, with a base model (human) and give it gear, weapons, animation, few souns, and there ya go.
now I know it's done in script, but I think it would be great 2 see it in an editor.
Sure it isn't finished when made in the editor, but like 80% is done smile
Let's say I got the human char, I wanne use him as guard for a city, now the guard can have a spear or sword.
I see 50% on spear 50% on sword, same idea with hair, etc. etc. now I place them in the world editor, and they have the right hair, weapons etc.

-Pre-made drag and dorp prefabs list
system allows fast, accurate construction of buildings and other interior spaces such as dungeons. First make a torch and a mirror like you want them, than they will come in this list, and you just have 2 drag and dorp them in the world.

sorry for my bad english ....
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2011 12:40 PM by davidvp.)
05-14-2011 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dandruff Offline

RE: Just things that I miss
-object list
is on the road map

-Triggers
you can do this already with waypoints

-Waypoint smoothing
you can do this easily in code, would be nice feature request for we.

-Waypoints data viewer
could be in a waypoints tab in the object list

-Region Nodes
you can again use waypoints

-Texture Layers
This would be useful for fast placement of textures. Something like for all pixels that have elevation of < 0 use texture a, >0 && <100 use texture b, >100 && < 300 grass, etc
05-14-2011 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
neo22 Offline

RE: Just things that I miss
-Triggers : good idea, width a on_enter() and on_leave() methods

-Camera : Place 2 waypoints, get there positions and use Cam.setFromAt(Waypoint1.pos, Waypoint2.pos)
05-15-2011 07:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply