About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Question about terrain location ...
Spikelife Offline

Question about terrain location ...
Let's suppose I want to work with a partial terrain separately, then put it into a bigger world with all it's objects and stuff already placed from where I worked on it. If I wanted to translate the terrain with all it's pieces to a new location and make it part of the world, could I just rename all the terrain files to new locations with the appropriate offsets (like change file -40,40 to 35, 75 for example) and copy them into the correct world folder ?

Or do I have to re-create the terrain and re-do all the objects and stuff in the bigger world from scratch ?
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2011 02:40 PM by Spikelife.)
06-05-2011 02:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: Question about terrain location ...
Terrain will move but the objects will be on old terrain position.

eg no, the objects will not follow if you move it to another world
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2011 02:45 PM by Zervox.)
06-05-2011 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spikelife Offline

OK thanks : so then if I get the terrain all fixed up and then translate it into the bigger world, I can then place the objects and decorations after it's in the bigger world -- that helps.
06-05-2011 02:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

It will keep the height info and the texture/materials, but not the object so yes you can get the terrain done and then move it to the new world and put in objects and decor. smile
06-05-2011 02:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spikelife Offline

Would be wonderful if the objects and decorations were attached relative to the terrain piece where they sit -- then all would move together. But this is helpful anyway.

Thanks
06-05-2011 03:55 PM