About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Hedron Online
dragonfly3 Offline

Hedron Online
Just wanted to show a bit of what we've done with our project so far. Here's a new teaser video I've made.

[EDIT] Can't figure out how to get the youtube embed to work and it's too big to upload so here's the youtube link:

http://youtu.be/XnWD7INI18o

Second video:
http://youtu.be/ESCLZFruW8I
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2012 06:50 AM by dragonfly3.)
06-06-2011 07:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Demi Offline

RE: A video of Hedron Online
Very nice.
06-06-2011 11:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

Your game sounds exactly like Battlestar Galactica Online, except with more freedom.

Also, have you done much programming or is this just art now?

The river with the particles aroudn the rocks is my favorite part.
06-07-2011 01:57 AM
dragonfly3 Offline

Haven't done much programming. I've been having a hard time finding programmers who are serious about it and willing to put in the time and work. The videos is all just the art right now. I only have one programmer who works a lot so he can't get everything done that needs to be done. I'm trying to find more programmers. I have an game client but the environment settings, ocean, and custom particles aren't programmed into it yet.

Thanks for the compliments smile
06-07-2011 07:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

I'd offer to help but first I'm busy (college is expensive) and I don't really know if I would be that much of a help. My programming experience is not very high in C++. If you still need someone in a year smile then maybe I could be of some help.
06-07-2011 10:03 PM
dragonfly3 Offline

We've got a new video to show. We still have lots to work on and iron out but here is what we have so far. I will be posting another, longer video soon.

01-24-2012 09:43 PM
Dynad Offline

I see you really made some progress with the game, im looking forward for some gameplay =)

ps: walking speed doesn't match the walking animation cycle of the player wink

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
01-24-2012 11:18 PM
dragonfly3 Offline

We won't be using these player characters. They are just placards. We are going to be using our own player characters and their animations will match more precisely smile
01-24-2012 11:32 PM
Dynad Offline

I understand, keep up the good work! =)

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
01-25-2012 12:05 PM
TBJokers Offline

Looks impressive, though i'm fascinated about how you did your monster system, did you code a custom server path system?

Man, it's always that semicolon...
01-25-2012 08:25 PM
dragonfly3 Offline

For now we sort of cheated with our ants to be honest. We were nearing our deadline to submit to Microsoft Kinect Accelerator and Game Connection America so for now the ants don't actually attack. They just move along waypoint paths and we implimented some basic AI to make them run to a player and follow the player when in a specific range. The player can do damage to the ants but we haven't implemented death yet.

We limited what we did concerning functionality because everything is on the client side right now. We didn't have enough time to integrate Raknet before our deadline so we had no choice but to do it this way. We will be making changes once we get Raknet integrated. We are getting ready to enter our next phase of development in which the first step is to finish integrating Raknet. Second is to migrate things from client side to server side. I'll keep some updates as to how it goes.

@TBJokers once we get a more indepth monster system implemented with Raknet I'll PM you with how we do itsmile

Here is another video that is longer and more detailed:

01-27-2012 04:10 AM
Voc007 Offline

If I remember correctly, maybe not, are you from the RealmCrafter ?
01-28-2012 01:19 AM
dragonfly3 Offline

No, I'm not from the RealmCrafter. Not really sure what the RealmCrafter is. Sorry.
01-28-2012 02:52 AM
runewake2 Offline

This is really starting to take shape! Look forward to seeing more of this.

Also, the RealmCraft is another MMO RPG engine. Not nearly as awesome as Esenthel though. And certainly not as easy to use.

It does seem like the player moves a bit slow. Though perhaps that is just my perception?
01-28-2012 05:56 AM
Tobbo Offline

It certainly is shaping up. It's looking good. Keep it up!
01-28-2012 05:58 PM