About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Maya import/export
dragonfly3 Offline

Maya import/export
One of my 3D modelers uses Maya 2008 on a linux system. Does anyone know if there is a way to export/import models+rigging+animation, and if so, how? The exporter in the wiki doesn't work on linux.
06-07-2011 07:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dragonfly3 Offline

RE: Maya import/export
Anyone? Is there any way at all to export from Maya in a format that will import into Esenthel? 3ds Max? Daz Studio? Blender? We have tried everything and nothing is working. There are links to exporter plugins on the EE wiki but none of them work on Linux. I've searched the internet and can't find any plugins for linux that work. :(
06-08-2011 12:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dylantan Offline

We having the same problem too. What we did is export the model into 3DS Max and export it to to Esenthel. Abit tedious but that's what we doing. To be honest, I prefer Maya anytime compare to 3DS Max but for the moment this is how it work though as many modeller still working on 3DS Max.
06-09-2011 09:01 AM
dragonfly3 Offline

We've been exporting our models "ungrouped" in FBX format from Maya. Then importing them into 3D Max. Then exporting in OBJ format. Then open in EE. These are untextured and we are setting textures in EE. But it seems to be working well for stationary models. Haven't tried animations yet. That's where we were having the majority of our problems before. If anyone else has any suggestions on how to import/export skeletons and animations as well please post smile
07-31-2011 06:55 AM
nicorbeau Offline

not fix for b3d > maya 2010 ?

its very bad :/ if you have an solution i want ^^
03-04-2012 07:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply