About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Huge world map
boicotinho Offline

Huge world map
Hello,

I am trying to make a very big and flat world file in the dimensions:
80km x 20km = 1250 x 312 tiles.

That gives 390.000 area files, which should give approx 18GB of a flat terrain.

We are a team of developers, spread in multiple countries so we need to use the Esenthel DataServer.

The problem is that I am trying to upload that to a Data server through the normal Editor->DataServer synchronization means and it doesn't seem like it is up for it.

Is there a workaround for me to generate a 1250 x 312 tiled flat world on the data server? I see that the area files the Editor generates are different from those on the DataServer.

Also, what is the delay to expect when clicking "Update Visible"? Would the Editor need to communicate a lot of data given the size of this world ? (33 GB expected)

Thank you in advance smile
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2011 09:15 PM by boicotinho.)
06-22-2011 09:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Huge world map
when making a game start with smaller world size, I don't see any reason for such huge world at start.

Quote:The problem is that I am trying to upload that to a Data server through the normal Editor->DataServer synchronization means and it doesn't seem like it is up for it.
maybe it's just too slow with such huge world?

Quote:Is there a workaround for me to generate a 1250 x 312 tiled flat world on the data server? I see that the area files the Editor generates are different from those on the DataServer.
no

Quote:Also, what is the delay to expect when clicking "Update Visible"? Would the Editor need to communicate a lot of data given the size of this world ? (33 GB expected)
"update visible" should process only visible areas so it should be very fast.
06-22-2011 10:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply