About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Linux support?
SFCBias Offline

Linux support?
Is there any plan for linux development in the future? It is the best OS for programming in C++ and would open the doors to more clients i suspect (this of course is my opinion).
I personally would like to see linux support .(and since you already have mac, getting to linux shouldn 't be much harder since it also uses the GCC toolchain). If I had the money for such things, i wouldn' t hesitate to attempt and port to linux. Not having linux support is what's kept me away from the engine in the past and honestly it would be much nicer to not have to boot into windows just so i can develop with this nice engine. (I don' t think I'm the only one that feels this way or similar).
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2011 12:13 AM by SFCBias.)
06-25-2011 12:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Linux support?
this was mentioned many times, I don't consider adding this, unless some big company would request it and pay lots of money for that
06-25-2011 01:47 AM
sythe Offline

(06-25-2011 01:47 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  this was mentioned many times, I don't consider adding this, unless some big company would request it and pay lots of money for that
Why wouldn't you?
The gcctoolkit is already cross-platform, and the Mac version uses OpenGL.
It wouldn't be hard to port it and get access to an untapped market!
OR, YOU COULD JUST FIX THE WINDOWS SDK SO IT WORKS IN WINE.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2011 07:05 PM by sythe.)
07-07-2011 07:03 PM
joacorock Offline

It works on Wine, I'm actually running Ineisis on Ubuntu 11.04
07-08-2011 06:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sythe Offline

(07-08-2011 06:44 PM)joacorock Wrote:  It works on Wine, I'm actually running Ineisis on Ubuntu 11.04

The games do, the SDK doesn't.
07-08-2011 06:46 PM