About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Day/Night
runewake2 Offline

Day/Night
Slow down the day night cycle! It takes only a few minutes to cycle through the entire cycle. In my opinion their should only be maybe 2-6 cycles per day. This way creatures/monsters that come out only during the night or day have a chance to move around and interact with the environment.
07-11-2011 10:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

RE: Day/Night
Or maybe make it real day time depends on system time grin But I don't know how to solve here monsters which shows only on some time and it's good idea too grin
07-11-2011 10:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

The thing with depending on the System time is that, if you always log in at the same time, you see relatively the same thing. If the ingame clock goes at twice the speed you do not need to play all day just to see some of the night or day.

Even if the day night cycle only takes an hour or two. That would be fine. It would allow for an adequate amount of time to do some farming and exploring in the day and some sneaking and thieving at night.
07-12-2011 04:46 AM
Harry Offline

Anyway day time is indeed too fast.
07-12-2011 10:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mardok Offline

Girls ^^
Esenthel did fast "day/night" cycle only for test.
So you can see how it works.

Btw. Night looks very climatic. (stars are pretty)
Missing sky and clouds in day time.
07-12-2011 11:13 AM
runewake2 Offline

While I'm at it, criticizing the sky and all, can the bright light that occurs at the change of night and day be an orange fade? It looks really weird being white. Second the moon and sun are enormous compared to our moon/sun. Maybe 1/4-1/2 the size. Just some minor things there, but they would make the game seem more "finished" for me.

On the other hand, fantasy games tend to have large moons. I don't know why.

While your at it, why don't you add shooting stars and a nebula! That would be pretty neat.
07-14-2011 04:01 AM