About Store Forum Documentation Contact
Donations:
243$/mo

Controls
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Controls
Hi guys,

I've observed something very basic but seems common on all demos and tutorials that use the keyboard and mouse:

- If I am pressing down a key (forward key for example), I lose the ability to move the mouse.

Has anyone else observed this? Is there already something natively included in the SDK that fixes this, or is this something that I would have to tweak/address in my own build?

Thanks a bunch,

www.thinkplaystudios.com
07-31-2011 01:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline
Silver Supporter

RE: Controls
I've personally never encountered this.
07-31-2011 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

If you are holding down any of the keyboard keys, you can still move your mouse around? it has been consistent on all the tutorials and even on the demos (Bloody Massacre, etc). Can you please reconfirm? We've tested on a couple of workstations.

www.thinkplaystudios.com
07-31-2011 03:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline
Silver Supporter

I've never had such problem and I retested before posting to be sure there wasn't anything broken recently(even though that would be unlikely).
and I've tested it on 4 different computers.
07-31-2011 04:00 PM
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Thank you very much! That helped us. The issue is with touchpads or trackpads. There is something interfering with movement through the pads when a key is pressed down. As players aren't likely to be using trackpads when playing, I consider this issue closed.

Again, Zervox, thank you for reconfirming. It's hard to point to it as a local issue in the beginning since multiple machines (laptops) were exhibiting the same issue.

www.thinkplaystudios.com
07-31-2011 04:38 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi, I've never experienced any that kind of problem, and I did test this on some laptops too, (MacBook Pro 13", MSI GT680, compal FL90, and some other)
08-02-2011 12:47 PM
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad and another one that's a HP NC8700 series. It might have something to do with the driver running the touchpad.

www.thinkplaystudios.com
08-12-2011 12:48 AM