About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Help with World Editor
Dealman Offline

Help with World Editor
Hey, my project have currently come to an halt.

Reason:

Moving objects around in the World Editor is impossible, is there a way to reduce the speed the objects are moved around at? It's insanley fast, and not any precise at all.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Dealman.
10-12-2009 08:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

Re: Help with World Editor
The more you zoom in, the more accurate you can move your object I'd say..
10-12-2009 09:35 PM
Dealman Offline

Tottel Wrote:The more you zoom in, the more accurate you can move your object I'd say..

Nope, it's insaneously fast...
10-12-2009 10:15 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

please record a video of the issue because im not experiencing any problems with object movement speed
10-13-2009 01:25 AM
Dealman Offline

Esenthel Wrote:please record a video of the issue because im not experiencing any problems with object movement speed

I'll do my best, however I found that I could edit the World Editor.txt, but still it was to fast. I'll try to record a video, somehow and then I'll edit this message.

Thanks for your support. smile

Edit: I've uploaded the movie at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXK5JFHYsjY">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXK5JFHYsjY</a><!-- m -->

Seems like it's still undergoing the processing though, should be avaible in any minute.
10-13-2009 07:01 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

are you using FPP or spherical camera mode?
10-13-2009 09:02 PM
Dealman Offline

Esenthel Wrote:are you using FPP or spherical camera mode?

I tried to change Camera Mode and it changed to FPP, if I did it again it didn't say anything, so I guess that is Spherical Camera Mode...?

However, if I change Camera Mode it doesn't affect the mouse sensitivity at all though.
10-13-2009 10:55 PM
Seba Offline

Make zoom using MouseWheel. When it start change slowly then use WSAD to get your object on screen and move it.
10-14-2009 10:30 AM
Dealman Offline

Seba Wrote:Make zoom using MouseWheel. When it start change slowly then use WSAD to get your object on screen and move it.

The camera isn't the problem, the camera works great. I don't like the speed sensitivity when moving around objects in the World Editor.
10-14-2009 11:40 AM
Xhizors Offline

Dealman Wrote:
Seba Wrote:Make zoom using MouseWheel. When it start change slowly then use WSAD to get your object on screen and move it.

The camera isn't the problem, the camera works great. I don't like the speed sensitivity when moving around objects in the World Editor.

Esenthel maybe can add an speed option in the world editor for camera movement & object movement speed.
10-14-2009 11:59 AM
Dealman Offline

Xhizors Wrote:
Dealman Wrote:

Esenthel maybe can add an speed option in the world editor for camera movement & object movement speed.

That would indeed be lovley. smile
10-14-2009 12:07 PM
Seba Offline

But when you zoom in like i write. Your object will move slowly like you want. If you put your object on map you can zoom out and the speed will grow up again.
10-14-2009 12:13 PM
Xhizors Offline

Seba Wrote:But when you zoom in like i write. Your object will move slowly like you want. If you put your object on map you can zoom out and the speed will grow up again.

You maybe want slow speed when you have zoomed out hehe :E
10-14-2009 01:25 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Dealman Wrote:
Esenthel Wrote:are you using FPP or spherical camera mode?

I tried to change Camera Mode and it changed to FPP, if I did it again it didn't say anything, so I guess that is Spherical Camera Mode...?

However, if I change Camera Mode it doesn't affect the mouse sensitivity at all though.
I know what is the problem,

the speed of moving objects is dependent on distance of the camera to the focus point (the focus point is the point from which you rotate around the camera in non-FPP mode)

but if you use mainly FPP mode, then you don't have the knowledge of focus point, and because of that it makes the speed sometimes too big.

for now I suggest to enable Spherical camera mode (non FPP), move your focus so it will be on ground (or you you can set Ctrl+Backspace when object is selected so the focus will be set to object position)

in future version of the engine I will try to make the object movement speed in FPP mode different.
10-14-2009 01:46 PM
Seba Offline

I record movie to show what I was speaking about.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/technology_and_gaming/watch/v19217959ghX8EcNh">http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/categ ... 59ghX8EcNh</a><!-- m -->
This is what you want? Move object slowly and precisely.
If no sorry I go back to Polish part of forum. :E
10-14-2009 04:49 PM