About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Unnamed Portal Clone [iOS]
Driklyn Offline

Unnamed Portal Clone [iOS]
-

NEW UPDATES! (09/19/11)

Development Log

09/17/11:
  • Server development is underway. Currently, you can upload PAK files and screenshots from the device to the server, retrieve a list of all available maps on the server, and download a specific one.
  • Menu concepts have been created (see below).

GUI Concepts

Menus: (09/19/11)

Below are some concepts for the main menu. Each screen will transition (slide) between each other. For instance, after selecting a map (first screen), all content on the entire screen will slide to the left, pushing in the map details pane (second screen).

Lines similar to "6:07 / 2.3k / 1.63 MB" define: 1) the average completion time for that map (across all players), 2) the total number of players who have played that map, and 3) the file size of that map.

Project Synopsis

Time to reveal my latest project, a Portal clone for iOS devices. Still in the very early stages, the general idea is to have a 100% community-driven game (i.e. all maps are created by the users). There will be an in-game editor that allows you to upload your created maps -- and, of course, you will be able to download maps created by others.

The intuitive in-game editor will be 100% touch-driven and allow users to dynamically create the floors, walls, and ceilings however they wish, as well as easily add gameplay objects to bring their map to life. Users will be entirely responsible for the flow, fun factor, and difficulty of their creations.

When you're satisfied with your creation, share it with the community! Users will be able to download, play, and rate your very own maps. Likewise, you will be able to do the same with maps created by other users or your friends.

PC Tech Demo

Please note: This demo is running on the PC. The game, however, will initially be available on iOS devices (iPhone / iPod Touch confirmed, iPad undecided).

Viewer suggestions / constructive criticism highly encouraged!

-
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2011 07:42 PM by Driklyn.)
08-29-2011 09:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: Unnamed Portal Clone [iOS]
Heh, you had me fooled, at first I was thinking "are you expecting players to be trying to push the ball up into that "bowly" thing. pfft Looks like it could possibly be fun,(for the ones that do have iPhone/iPod) wink
08-29-2011 10:31 AM
Damian Offline

Maked with EE? How you make that nice Message Box?
08-29-2011 03:57 PM
Zervox Offline

Just drawing an image and the text ontop or he defines his own gui box and only draws an image and size it according to text length, lots of way to do it.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2011 05:14 PM by Zervox.)
08-29-2011 05:14 PM
Driklyn Offline

(08-29-2011 10:31 AM)Zervox Wrote:  Heh, you had me fooled, at first I was thinking "are you expecting players to be trying to push the ball up into that "bowly" thing. pfft

Haha! smile Turns out it is (unintentionally) possible to do, but is rather difficult; flipping gravity is the way to go!

(08-29-2011 03:57 PM)Damian Wrote:  How you make that nice Message Box?

Using the 9-sliced image technique as described in this post. I plan on adding my code to the Code Snippets forum soon.
08-29-2011 07:53 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I've made a post there mentioning about Image::drawButton
08-29-2011 08:12 PM
Driklyn Offline

Thanks. Posted my thoughts about it in the other thread.
08-30-2011 08:35 AM
Dandruff Offline

That ball, what a tease, lol. Also, the movement looks very fluid and solid. Great work driklyn
09-01-2011 02:26 AM
Driklyn Offline

Updates added!
09-18-2011 12:58 AM
runewake2 Offline

I like those IOS Concepts. They look really good!
09-18-2011 04:17 PM