About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Blender 2.5x skeleton again
Pherael Offline

Blender 2.5x skeleton again
Hi,
I know this issue was raised many times, but I tried evrything and get nothing.
Ogre exporter from
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45922
and .b3d exporter from Esenthel wiki don't work with blender 2.5x (only with 2.4x)

The best reasult I got with .dae file, I got bones, but still they looks like have no size.

Is there a way to import skeleton from blender 2.5x (not from previous version) to esenthel?
09-17-2011 03:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Blender 2.5x skeleton again
can you attach the blend file (so I can open it on both 2.4 2.5 blender versions) and do some manual tests?
09-18-2011 02:14 PM
Pherael Offline

Sure, but I think it's problem no with esenthel but with blender. Both of these py script don't work with blender 2.5x. (Or I'm so stupid and missed something)
I probably can install blender 2.4 and then open blend file with it and then export. Hmm, didn't think of this way, I'll try it, but still is little pain in the ass.

Anyway, the blend file:
http://byrpheros.pl/data/twilight_test.blend

I was just wondering that sb on this forum using blender 2.5x and can tell me the way he export skeleton and animations to esenthel.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2011 05:05 PM by Pherael.)
09-18-2011 05:03 PM
Pherael Offline

Still nothing...
I checked forum again and saw that others people have problem with this too, and nobody resolved it.
My project stuck becasue of it, so if somebody download my blend file, and export skeleton from it, and tell me how do that, I will be eternally grateful.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2011 10:02 AM by Pherael.)
09-19-2011 09:21 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I will look into it when I'll find some time
09-19-2011 11:22 AM
Pherael Offline

Thanks!
I'll be waiting for it.
There is Ogre exporter for blender 2.5x. It actually export skeleton but bone are translocated and rotated. Maybe will be usefull (I don't know).
http://code.google.com/p/blender2ogre/
09-19-2011 02:03 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

1. blender outputs incorrect collada files (even 3ds max / maya can't import them)
2. importing fbx is on the roadmap (currently not big priority)
3. you can download student version of 3ds max / maya, import fbx from blender, and export using open collada
4. you can setup skin/anim in EE Model Editor
5. I will try ogre exporter
09-19-2011 03:56 PM
Fab4 Offline

I had the same problem weeks ago. And as far as I know you wont be able to export a useful model from blender 2.5 for esenthel until someone makes a new script.
All Blender 2.4x scripts dont work with blender 2.5. As far as I can remember, its an issue of Blender interface and python version.
I decided to use Blender 2.5 for modelling and 2.49b for rigging and animation. Blender 2.49b is incompatible with blender 2.5 animations and a lot of constraits, but you can import meshs materials weightpaints without any problem.

Blender 2.49b isnt that different to 2.5 in rigging. Just the changable constraints (fk <-> ik switchs) are much more unclear.

feel free to contact me via pm if you want to try it and have any problems. i spent my whole holydays for rigging with blender 2.49b
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2011 05:03 PM by Fab4.)
09-19-2011 04:55 PM
Pherael Offline

@Esenthel
Problem is that I have already done few models with skeletons in blender 2.5x. And don't want to waste them. If I only knowed that will be problem with blender 2.5x, I was probably making models in another program but is little too late :/
I didn't know there is free student version of maya or 3ds. I'll use it like you write and I think that gonna work. Thanks. I don't mind export models this way.
@Fab4
Thanks, I will try first Esenthel solution, and if it didn't work, I try do it in your way.
//Sorry for english, I'm little in hurry
09-19-2011 06:05 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I am testing the blender ogre exporter, I think I will be able to update it to import mesh+skeleton (not sure about animations)
09-19-2011 06:51 PM
Fab4 Offline

free autodesk produkts are available at http://students.autodesk.com/
09-19-2011 07:03 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

it turned out that the ogre exporter generates incorrect skeleton orientations, so we can forget about it.
please use 3ds max/maya or wait for the future once I add fbx support
09-19-2011 08:36 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

you can also juse use Autodesk FBX converter to Collada DAE - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/...d=10775855
under name of "FBX 2012.1 Converter for Windows"

However:
-Autodesk Collada exporter is not as good as Open Collada in Max/Maya
-I've tested your sample model, and it caused crash when importing to EE Editor (because Autodesk Collada produces some invalid values in dae file - again not as good as open collada), I've added more safety checks and it will import correctly for next sdk
09-19-2011 09:08 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

good news: I'm writing FBX importer (mesh+skeleton+skinning works ok, your model was tested), now I need to add animation importing
09-22-2011 01:37 PM
Pherael Offline

Wow, very thanks smile
I used open collada in maya and that worked with skeleton, but thank to FBX importer that will be more easier and convenient smile
09-22-2011 01:50 PM