About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Some thoughts
kulesz Offline

Some thoughts
I've thought about some things, that could be useful to share with you...

1. One thing I'd like to see is a fancy ocean shader, which could be a totally different thing from the current water shader, used only for global ocean (that infinite plane :-). It would be great to see some realistic foam and waves, just like in Hydrax for example. For an open-spaced world I see this as a quite valuable thing.
  2. Another thing I consider important is a server side pathfinding. I know, it's on the roadmap, but quite far. Too far, as for an "MMO Game Engine" (as EE is being advertised). Actually for now there is no reliable way to detect collisions and find paths on a server without storing a whole world structure (mesh + actor + body + some stuff). This is quite resource expensive though. BTW, as far as I remember, Ineisis server doesn't store meshes, only heightmaps. How do you plan to detect object collisions and find paths then?
  3. Blocks feature is quite nice, especially in age of Minecraft clones :-) Could it be extended for some other geometries (for example slopes https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_Npgo2...raft_2.jpg, that could make terrain more realistic).
  4. It would be great if physical cloth would obey gravity when falling (actually it is more about aerodynamic drag than gravity:-)) There was some topics about its unrealistic behavior.
  5. Maybe its already there, but I didn't find it. Is it possible for gui elements (region particularly) to show and hide with a fade, like between the engine states? It would also be nice to add some fade/slide/glow etc. when toggling region/window visibility - gui would look more professional and fancy.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2011 11:27 AM by kulesz.)
10-12-2011 11:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dwight Offline

RE: Some thoughts
Water foam and special effects are already on the roadmap.

I second the motion of having special effects with GUI elements ready inside the editor without the use of third party libraries!

SnowCloud Entertainment - We are recruiting!
http://www.sc-entertainment.com
10-12-2011 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply