About Store Forum Documentation Contact
Donations:
327$/mo

Lua integration
rndbit Offline

RE: Lua integration
(11-28-2011 11:47 PM)Demostenes2 Wrote:  
(10-26-2011 10:56 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  I'll more likely develop my own scripting than integrate lua

Why? Integraration de-facto industry standard would be timesaver, because nobody have to learn any proprietal language.

Anyway I support any scipting language, it makes developement much faster and far less demanding on resources. Scripting can by done by almost anybody, C developement not.

could not agree with you more, but this is one of few areas where esenthel just wont listen smile we had quite some cat-fights over this and he did it anyway smile

so it puts us to a place where if we want a real scripting language we got it to do ourselves, and its perfectly fair. Maintaining code editor now after its more or less done takes significantly less than maintaining a wrapper of some scripting language would. besides i think that not every single method of engine should be exported to scripting language, as SL is meant to just implement game logic, and those functions are to be provided by game programmers, not engine maker. therefore scripting language should also be burden on game programmer's shoulders, dont you think?
11-29-2011 01:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

I'd rather compile game logic stuff smile I'm on the other school of thought.

www.thinkplaystudios.com
11-29-2011 02:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rndbit Offline

(11-29-2011 02:00 PM)aceio76 Wrote:  I'd rather compile game logic stuff smile I'm on the other school of thought.

that is also very fair point. i mean - what is the use of implementing scripting language if it will have max 20 lines of code for your puzzle game, and noone besides you will edit those 20 lines, and you will do it only first time when you create the level ^_^
11-29-2011 06:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply