About Store Forum Documentation Contact
Donations:
327$/mo

World Editor object rotate limitation
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

World Editor object rotate limitation
When rotating large 3D models in the world editor, there is no way to be more precise in its rotational value. Does anyone have a way to define the rotate value of a 3D model?

Should this be a feature request or a bug/limitation?

www.thinkplaystudios.com
11-21-2011 09:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

RE: World Editor object rotate limitation
World design is IMPOSSIBLE if we cannot precisely rotate a model in place. Any work around for this?

www.thinkplaystudios.com
11-23-2011 01:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I think pressing shift key makes rotating slower
Plus there are menu commands that rotate by fixed values
Enabling grid aligning also affects rotation
11-23-2011 10:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline
Silver Supporter

scroll the camera closer works, its the same with movement the more you've scrolled in the slower you move, the further away the faster you move.
11-23-2011 04:25 PM
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

The problem is with large or long objects. The pivot axis arrow might be on the other end of the object but I need to align the opposite end with adjacent objects. So zooming in on the axes makes me lose sight of what needs to be aligned.

Pressing the shift key while holding right-click on the pivot axis actually changes the scale of the object and does not rotate the object in the selected axis.

Grid aligning is not sufficient for aligning object as the placement often falls in between grid snap positions.

This is for large structures that is broken up, and the walls and such needs to align like it is one whole, the world designer is crying havoc about his inability to place things precisely.

How do I invoke the menu commands to rotate by fixed values? When I press 'C', I do not get an input box to put rotation values similar to what the Model Editor has. Ctrl+x,y,z does not allow precise change in the rotation values. Again, this is for the world editor.

www.thinkplaystudios.com
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2011 06:39 PM by aceio76.)
11-23-2011 06:34 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

added to the roadmap:
•optional key to make game object rotation slower in the world editor

if after adding this option it will not be enough, please post in feature request for window to manually set object rotations
11-24-2011 05:52 PM
fatcoder Offline

I would love to see the same position, rotation and scale windows from the Model Editor also used in the World Editor to allow precise control. I think I remember this has already been posted in Feature Requests in the past a while ago. I would prefer this over another hotkey that you have to remember and doesn't really solve the issue.
11-25-2011 12:34 AM
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

(11-24-2011 05:52 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  added to the roadmap:
•optional key to make game object rotation slower in the world editor

if after adding this option it will not be enough, please post in feature request for window to manually set object rotations

Thanks, Esenthel.

Fatcoder, I concur. There is much value in being able to view an object's rotational value on the 3 axes and being able to set that manually on objects. The functionality to show the Transforms window like in the Model Editor should be sufficient for the World Editor as well, I think.

www.thinkplaystudios.com
11-25-2011 04:09 AM