About Store Forum Documentation Contact

align to heigthmap
yvanvds Offline

align to heigthmap
Probably very simple, but i cannot figure it out and don't see any posts about this:

When i insert a mesh in the world editor, and have align to heightmap on, some meshes are nicely positioned on the landscape, but others are floating a bit above it.

I've tried repositioning the meshed in the model editor, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. When I view the object matrix points, they are exactly on the landscape, but the pivot is heigher up with the affected meshes.

So how does this work, exactly?

regards,

yvan
11-26-2011 10:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fatcoder Offline

RE: align to heigthmap
I can't remember exactly so I might be off, but I believe the World Editor places the objects based on the center pivot point. You just need to make sure this is where you want it. In 3ds max, you can use the Reset XForm tool then collapse to an editable mesh/poly to save it that way before exporting.
11-27-2011 01:35 AM
yvanvds Offline

mmm, i import from dae files i bought. Is there any way to do that in the model editor? I tried center and center from phys body, but that didn't work.
11-27-2011 02:24 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

if object has physical body avaialble, then it will be used for alignment.
try adjusting phys body relative to the mesh.
11-27-2011 04:05 PM
yvanvds Offline

ah, ok. That can help. Most of the trees only have a basic Physical box for physx anyway. I could just move it up a bit. however if physics are created from a mesh, this is not really possible, is it?

But thanks!
11-27-2011 08:17 PM