About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Ineisis Online Lite?
checkpointng Offline

Ineisis Online Lite?
First, apologies if this has been asked before but i was unable to find anything specific.

Question(s):
Is there a detailed list of additions/changes/features which have been added to Ineisis Online that would *not* be included in the sources sold for Ineisis Online Lite?

How much is in place in order to create a basic quest, pets and combat system for Ineisis Online Lite? Im looking for example code snips if there are any?
11-30-2011 10:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Ineisis Online Lite?
you can check what is included in ineisis lite here:
http://www.esenthel.com/?id=buy
click on the info button

at the moment ineisis lite has around 90% sources of full version

you can compile it of course, and run
11-30-2011 10:18 PM
checkpointng Offline

(11-30-2011 10:18 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  you can check what is included in ineisis lite here:
click on the info button

Thank you for the quick reply!
11-30-2011 11:12 PM
checkpointng Offline

(12-01-2011 12:28 AM)aceio76 Wrote:  No pet system or mob system, as far as I know. You will have to build that yourself. The basic quest system is not there but you can adopt the quest code from the non-MMO RPG 2 game that's available. I'm not sure how much of a server-based combat system is there, but I'm sure it will be something you will want to build as well.

Would you know if that can be accomplished with the Company License, since it seems Game::Chr source starts there?
12-01-2011 03:35 AM
checkpointng Offline

@'aceio76' ,

Thank you for the advice, im currently a developer for Websense most of my experience/background is business development so its taking a little getting used to game development (different beast) not to mention code inheritance is never easy nor is getting acquainted with other peoples syntax/wording .. BUT im a firm believer never reinvent the wheel especially when someone else has already done it, so frameworks like Esenthel and others makes the transition less time consuming than having to write one from scratch.

My concern is source exposure and cost for things id like to have in my project, not being part of a game studio prohibits me from having deep pockets in terms of funding, however as you stated and seem confident the purchase of the "company" license will more than be enough to get me the source access required in order to create additional features/components for my project, as for pathfinding there are several nice/known libraries open source that i have been looking at, just a matter of figuring out Esenthel framework and being able to plug additional features/components into it.

Would you (or anyone for that matter) know if after the purchase of the company license (mainly for the ineisis online framework) any additional features/components added will be available for license holders or will it only be restricted to Ineisis?

And finally, is Ineisis Online a side project being developed by the creator of Esenthel or is Ineisis a Tech Demo used as a proof of concept for MMO developement for which the source can be purchased?

Thank you.
12-01-2011 07:23 PM
checkpointng Offline

(12-01-2011 08:17 PM)aceio76 Wrote:  It's a small world, as SurfControl has been a partner of ours and then Websense (altogether). We should link up at some point and share some experiences.

Oh geez what a small world!!, hopfully your using Triton (7.6.2) smile

I was at Check Point Software, then McAfee, then Juniper and now at Websense. Please feel free to PM me anytime!
12-01-2011 08:44 PM
checkpointng Offline

just a few more Ineisis Questions
Sorry for the 2nd post regarding Ineisis.

With regards to the Ineisis Roadmap, how much of those features will be added to the Company license when completed?

Also, is there a time reference i.e. few months, years?

Im strongly considering upgrading to the Company License, however at present time i just cant justify the cost for a multiplayer framework, ideally im looking to spend my time developing a game rather than coding 80% of it from scratch, im too old and just dont have the time! which is why im looking into Ineisis as it seems like its almost there but not quite!
12-03-2011 06:45 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: just a few more Ineisis Questions
that is unknown
12-03-2011 06:48 PM
impi Offline

(11-30-2011 10:18 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  you can check what is included in ineisis lite here:
click on the info button

We're also interested to know exactly what is excluded, rather than a basic list of what Lite "includes". There may be fundamental underlying differences. ie. What exactly is the 10% excluded - can you list them please?
12-31-2011 04:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I've made the "lite branch" some months ago, I don't exactly remember what code lines were removed, but they were only a few of them. All the crucial part is still there. Most probably what was removed was some experimantal new features I've been working on (not yet finished)
01-02-2012 10:57 AM
impi Offline

Ok thanks for the clarification.

I'm wondering if you're not shooting yourself in the foot then by calling it a 'Lite' version, as a lite version implies a version with partial functionality. I would assume you'd include the new features once they are released (on an ongoing basis) - in which case it would be the full version - which is more attractive to licensees no doubt.
01-02-2012 11:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply